sassy comebacks — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

sassy comebacks

pattern1991
pattern1991 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
i know we shouldn't really do i but what is the sassiest  or funniest comeback used when someone talked down to you or misread personal relationships due to your disability     

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    I was in the habit of being Late for work at one time* and a particular foreman used to enjoy telling me I was late every time. One morning he started again and I stopped him and said “no I’m not late I’m early for tomorrow, because I wasn’t coming in today!” He was quite speechless trying to work out just what I’d said. Ha!

(* I had a dog who repeatedly got out of the garden just before I was to leave home for work and I’d have to spend quite a while tracking her down and returning her before I could set off for work. Very annoying.)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    I received one of those compensation phone calls about working in heavy industry. They claimed that they had on record that i’d been working in heavy industry for many years.  I asked if they had the right person, but they assured me that I was the person they were looking for.  Ok! I said.  But I think you should know that I was born with Cerebral Palsy, and don’t you think it might have been a tad dangerous for me work in such a place considering I can’t do buttons up on my blouse?  Well! You could feel the uncomfortable realisation through the phone.  Talk about being tongue-tied and spluttering.  I am ashamed to say I found it highly amusing.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.