Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Does anyone have an update on assessment waiting times please?
Hi everyone, I keep reading that claims are taking 16 weeks or 18 weeks etc to process etc. I have already been waiting almost 18 weeks and heard nothing. I applied in mid Dec and got a text to say they received my completed form mid Jan. I phoned a few weeks ago and they said its been with IAS since Jan 16th. I phoned IAS and they said they don't have any information about waiting times for an assessment. My GP has written to them to try and move it along as it was his suggestion that I apply for it. This has made no difference. Four months now and no word so it would be really helpful to be able to understand roughly how much longer I have to wait. Does anyone have any updates about what the waiting times are now please?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.