Does anyone have an update on assessment waiting times please? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone have an update on assessment waiting times please?

kardie
kardie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone, I keep reading that claims are taking 16 weeks or 18 weeks etc to process etc. I have already been waiting almost 18 weeks and heard nothing. I applied in mid Dec and got a text to say they received my completed form mid Jan. I phoned a few weeks ago and they said its been with IAS since Jan 16th. I phoned IAS and they said they don't have any information about waiting times for an assessment. My GP has written to them to try and move it along as it was his suggestion that I apply for it. This has made no difference. Four months now and no word so it would be really helpful to be able to understand roughly how much longer I have to wait. Does anyone have any updates about what the waiting times are now please?

Comments

• saversam
    saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Morning from what i,ve read on here I think alot of waiting times depends on what area you are in. & who,s doing the assessment. I,m in east Midlands I rang dwp on 1st February,  received & returned my pip2 on 17th February. Received a call from captiva on 7th April to say my telephone assessment will be on 23rd April . 
  • kardie
    kardie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for responding saversam!
    This doesn't help me at all - in fact, made me feel 100 times worse. I came here to get some support in a really difficult time -  this is not it! I'll go elsewhere.
  • saversam
    saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous

kardie said:
    Thanks for responding saversam!
    This doesn't help me at all - in fact, made me feel 100 times worse. I came here to get some support in a really difficult time -  this is not it! I'll go elsewhere.

I,m sorry you feel that I have made you feel worse. I apologize That was not my intention.  You asked for updates on waiting times. & I gave you my experience.  If you only wanted updates on people who were waiting longer than you, then you should of made that clear. In your post.
    As for going elsewhere that is of course your choice, but you will be doing yourself a great disservice as the help & advice on this site is invaluable. I hope you stay
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kardie and welcome to the community. 

Waiting times can vary at the minute, there will be many people who have been waiting a similar amount of time to you, and also there will be those who have been waiting longer or shorter. The pandemic has slowed things down and the area of the country may have an impact, though I'm not sure of this. 

I'm sorry to read that you didn't find the reply from @saversom helpful, though I don't think it was their intention to make you feel worse, more that they just wanted to share their experience. Of course it's your decision whether you stay around on the community or not, but I can assure you that we are a group of supportive people who want the best for you, and you are always welcome here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • dmwors
    dmwors Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Hi
    My personal experience is I returned form back early November. On 17 March I received a text message to say appointment made for telephone interview 31 March and then  On 19 March another text message to change appointment to 1st April. On 1st April waited an hour and no call so phoned to be told that appointment must have been cancelled as assessor unwell. Was given another appointment for 16 April which has taken place today and lasted 1 hour 10 mins. Hope this helps. X
  • kitkat23
    kitkat23 Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    I sent form back 9.11.20....had assessment on 28.3.21 ....text received 1 week later to say report was with DM....money with back pay in bank after 5 days.....decision letter arrived 2 days later than this.

on the day of my telephone assessment someone called me an hour before to remin me...then 10 mins before they called again to say the lady was running later by 30 mins....she eventually called 45 mins late ( not that I was bothered as they had let me know) 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @kitkat23 :) It's good to have you with us. 

Thanks very much for that further information in your very first post. As @Ross_Scope has already said in this thread, waiting times can vary so much from area to area, and from person to person. It's great to have that additional insight into individual experiences from people such as yourself and @dmwors, and we appreciate you both providing those updates for the benefit of our other community members.

I'm not sure if you've had chance to have a look around the forum yet kitkat23? It would be great to get to know you a bit better, so please do feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a bit more about what's brought you to the community, if you want? Any questions or if you need any help finding your way around, please do give us a shout.

Look forward to chatting with you some more :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dmwors
    dmwors Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    Hi all. Just to give an update following telephone pip review on 16th April. Received a an award letter today 29th April with a decision made on 22nd April. Hope this helps someone with time frames. I am in the North of England if this has any bearing on waiting times etc.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing @dmwors :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.