PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP waiting times & appointee

tanya2595tanya2595 Member Posts: 50 Connected
Hey all me again! So it’s now been 22 weeks since applying for PIP. Still not had a assessment or had a date for assessment. My partner phoned atos up last week and they said it should be any day now it’s picked up as I have been waiting for ages they also said twice to him I may not have to have a telephone assessment. Is this something they say to everyone? My partner is my appointee and I was just wondering will it be him talking on the telephone assessment if I do have one? I know I will have to be there but I can’t get past the anxiety to speak on the phone to even my doctors never mind PIP. 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Some people have a paper based assessment based on the form and evidence either because they can't physically have a assessment or they decide they gave enough info yo make a decision  . These do happen but are rare 

Yes your appointee will talk on your behalf along as they are registered with pip as your appointee 

Fingers crossed you hear soon 
  • tanya2595tanya2595 Member Posts: 50 Connected
    @janer1967 yeah I was thinking it’s rare that people don’t have a assessment and only a paper based one. 

Yes he’s my appointee with DWP too so he will be fine to talk for me. 

Thank you 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tanya2595 - & welcome to the community. I hope the advice above has helped about your assessment. :)
    @chiarieds it has thank you. All I’m wondering is regarding a telephone assessment and my appointee talking. Do they have to repeat my answers to the questions or do they just answer? 

Thank you 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,210 Disability Gamechanger
    It can be a combination of both but if you talk too much they may question why you need an appointee 
    @janer1967 thank you. I definitely won’t be talking loads if I don’t have to that’s why my partner does it all for me with all my benefits and everything else 

• Caz_ScopeCaz_Scope Posts: 566

Scope community team

Sorry to hear that this has been a long process for you, but good to know that you have your partner to support you through the PIP application process. 

Fingers crossed things start progressing for you pretty soon. :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.