PIP waiting times & appointee — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP waiting times & appointee

Options
tanya2595
tanya2595 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
Hey all me again! So it’s now been 22 weeks since applying for PIP. Still not had a assessment or had a date for assessment. My partner phoned atos up last week and they said it should be any day now it’s picked up as I have been waiting for ages they also said twice to him I may not have to have a telephone assessment. Is this something they say to everyone? My partner is my appointee and I was just wondering will it be him talking on the telephone assessment if I do have one? I know I will have to be there but I can’t get past the anxiety to speak on the phone to even my doctors never mind PIP. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Some people have a paper based assessment based on the form and evidence either because they can't physically have a assessment or they decide they gave enough info yo make a decision  . These do happen but are rare 

Yes your appointee will talk on your behalf along as they are registered with pip as your appointee 

Fingers crossed you hear soon 
  • tanya2595
    Options
    @janer1967 yeah I was thinking it’s rare that people don’t have a assessment and only a paper based one. 

Yes he’s my appointee with DWP too so he will be fine to talk for me. 

Thank you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tanya2595 - & welcome to the community. I hope the advice above has helped about your assessment. :)
  • tanya2595
    Options
    @chiarieds it has thank you. All I’m wondering is regarding a telephone assessment and my appointee talking. Do they have to repeat my answers to the questions or do they just answer? 

Thank you 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can be a combination of both but if you talk too much they may question why you need an appointee 
  • tanya2595
    Options
    @janer1967 thank you. I definitely won’t be talking loads if I don’t have to that’s why my partner does it all for me with all my benefits and everything else 

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Sorry to hear that this has been a long process for you, but good to know that you have your partner to support you through the PIP application process. 

Fingers crossed things start progressing for you pretty soon. :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.