Hi, my name is debby24! I am confused about the housing costs element of Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is debby24! I am confused about the housing costs element of Universal Credit

debby24 Member Posts: 5 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Just had to move from income support to universal credit confused about how housing cost work tia


  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 624 Pioneering
    edited April 2021
    Welcome to the community @debby24 :)

    Just to get us started on your query, according to the Universal Credit pages on the Scope website:
    Housing costs
    If you get help with housing costs, this will be included in Universal Credit. You will be responsible for paying your rent to your landlord.

    Plus, there's some further information available on the Turn2Us website about the housing element of Universal Credit claims. That might help to answer some of the questions that you have about your move to UC?

    Also, I know you've said that you're a bit confused about how the housing element works. Do you want to tell us a bit more about what it is specifically that you need some help with? Then our members can jump in and offer you some additional guidance if you need it. 

    Last of all, just to let you know that I have slightly edited the title of your post and moved your query to our Universal Credit page, just to make it easier for the Online community to see and respond to your question.

    Hope that all makes sense and proves to be useful to you. Just give us a shout if you have any questions for us :)

    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 11,630 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @debby24 - I just wanted to welcome you to this online community. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 13,342 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

    As above let us know what it is your confused about and we can try and help if you haven't found the answer from the info above 
  • debby24
    debby24 Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you for replys have looked through other posts and understand now ?


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.