When will GP resume f2f — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will GP resume f2f

Options
janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Hi there 

Just getting on my high horse a bit here 

Why have GPS not resumed f2f appointments yet or even when we had no lockdown last year 

I do respect all the hard work of the NHS front line 

Majority of the country is back at work and if a hairdresser can do their job or a beautician for example who are in close contact why can't you see a gp 

I know some are seeing patients so who decides if they are or not is it down to each practice 

Mine are not I know it may be trivial my son has had a really bad ingrowing toe nail since May last year , I have paid private for my footcare practitioner to see him   it has bled everyday all this time and been infected twice 

Gp prescribes antibiotics but won't see him 

I am probably over concerned as my problems started with toe infections and now have lost my leg 

Just wondered what other people think about the GP service 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    My surgery operated a mix of both. 

They won’t allow you to book a routine face to face appointment, but once assessed over the telephone, if they need to see you they will. 

Obviously certain checks and examinations can only be done whilst at the surgery. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I must admit that our GP's having been seeing people all through the pandemic, the only difference being they have operated a telephone triage service which has worked well, I think I've been seen 3 times since last summer, plus seen the nurses 4 times, and today they did part of my annual review by phone but we talked for 45 minutes In fact for the first time in ages we had a chat about my depression and I got quite upset, but it made me see some things in a different way.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Our surgery is still not seeing f2f yet like most of you have said.  Funnily enough yesterday I wrote a letter to the practice stating how my CP has changed over the last few years, and certainly during lockdown.  I though this was a better idea to write as I don’t cope well with a telephone appointment.   I just want my medical records updated.
    But the thing that has really annoyed me over the pandemic, is the length of time to prepare a repeat prescription.  The time had doubled.  Why?  They don’t give out meds for Covid, so what has changed?  Dare I say that I thing GP surgeries are taking the mick!!!
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,987 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've been going back and forth to see nurses through out, b12s and bloods etc, seen people waiting there to see Drs, just not as many. Most my Drs working from home too. 
    I've seen a Dr who did small procedure, said there now trying to catch up with back logs. 
    With telephone consultants and portals, I found it quicker,  when I had to see a Dr, I would be waiting up to 15 mins past my appointment for a few minutes with the Dr. Now I use portal and a quick call or a message and its done. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    is the length of time to prepare a repeat prescription.  The time had doubled.  Why?  They don’t give out meds for Covid, so what has changed?  Dare I say that I thing GP surgeries are taking the mick!!!
    1. Less reception staff to do the clerical side of prescriptions. 
    2. Less doctors in at one time to approve the prescription. 
    3. Pharmacy staff are reduced due to sickness, symptoms, isolating, may have been CEV?
    4. Deliveries take longer and are affected. 
    5. Less people allowed in pharmacies so taking longer to get through everyone. 
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Options
    My GP surgery is same as most I think. A triage system. However I had to go to a hospital last week for blood tests and not the surgery. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Username_removed I totally get what you are saying and understand the impact on every service 

I also think there will be lots of the changes during pandemic will become normality like phone triage   virtual appointments to name a few 

I was just wanting to know others experience and ic if was a directive from above or each surgeries decision on how they operate 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I couldnt get the help I needed 
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Options
    Ok boys i’ll put my hands up.  Now that I have reread my post, it does sound a tad naive.  A case opening my mouth before engaging my brain.  Apologies.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    My surgery are still seeing patients.@Welshjane21. Is right about it taking longer to get a prescription sorted. I have been stood outside boots for 15 minutes waiting to go in and get my prescription and then waited for another 15 before I actually got my it!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.