Hi, my name is emmatee! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is emmatee!

Options
emmatee
emmatee Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Don't know what to do,I have bipolar disorder, agophobia, my mum helped me with everything and sadly she died, DLA assessment for change to pip went wrong and I contacted them to look at the decision, they are,now my ESA payment hasn't gone into my account,I didn't didn't get any warning this would happen happen,I've been so ill, had a operation and my mental health is so bad,I'm confused about everything, is this normal, I have no food gas electric and don't know how to cope, is this a mistake?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear your troubles and the loss of your mum 

It is impossible for us to sat why your esa hasn't been paid you will need to conract them 

There were a few people reported not being paid over the weekend so it could be an error at their end 

As for claiming pip you can get help with this from maybe a friend or other relative or maybe contact welfare rights 

There is a lot of info on here too to help in the benefits section  
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @emmatee - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. We've had several members recently missing their ESA payments being on time, so, as advised, you would need to ring up to query this & normally payments are made the same day.
    I'm sorry about your Mum, & it sounds like you're sadly missing her help.
    You can get free advice about energy costs from Scope. Please see the following for more information: https://www.scope.org.uk/disability-energy-support/
    Your council may have an emergency fund to help with money, & they have volunteers who may be able to deliver some food. Please check here: https://www.turn2us.org.uk/Benefit-guides/Emergency-Information/don-t-have-enough-to-eat
    Your local council should also offer you support as you're struggling at the moment, so please contact them. See: https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council
    I hope some of this helps, & kindly let us know how you get on.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    emmatee said:
    Don't know what to do,I have bipolar disorder, agophobia, my mum helped me with everything and sadly she died, DLA assessment for change to pip went wrong and I contacted them to look at the decision, they are,now my ESA payment hasn't gone into my account,I didn't didn't get any warning this would happen happen,I've been so ill, had a operation and my mental health is so bad,I'm confused about everything, is this normal, I have no food gas electric and don't know how to cope, is this a mistake?
    Hello and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are struggling at the minute, hopefully we can help you out.

As mentioned above, Scope's free Energy Support service will be able to advise you on your energy concerns, so I would advise giving them a call. And you might wish to seek your nearest food bank to ensure that you have access to some food.

Do you receive any support from your GP for your mental health? And do you have anything in place so that you receive support with daily tasks, either from loved ones or a care team? I'm just trying to establish what sorts of help you already have in place :) In the meantime, you could give Scope's helpline a call if you want a friendly voice to talk things through with, and you can find support from places like Mind on how to manage your mental health.

For your ESA payment, as advised above it might be best to contact them. A few members lately have had payments randomly not go in, and have been able to resolve the situation by contacting ESA. You might also wish to look for further benefit advice through Advice Local or Welfare Rights, who will be able to help you sort out your PIP appeal.

Did you receive any sort of grief support after the passing of your mother?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.