Declaration of one off payment from Pension on Contribution ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Declaration of one off payment from Pension on Contribution ESA

Options
BeamoJP
BeamoJP Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi,

First Post bar the Hello one so be gentle.

I was informed by a fellow at HMRC when I got my pension stuff and was dealing with tax code that they would inform DWP about my pension... I knew I was to have a reduction in my payment due to being slightly over the £85 per week allowed. I had noticed my payments had not changed so contacted ESA DWP... 
They asked a few questions and said I should put my changes to circumstances in writing just explaining exactly as I had told them. They have asked for the document from the pension people that says what my pension is and date started etc.

I got my first pension payment on 31st March and it was with arrears and then got a pay slip about a week ago.
Now the document they want states the amount I got as a one off payment (25% payment) plus my annual pension. 
Can I black out the part about my one off payment or does it not matter as I'm on contribution ESA .... Sorry but I do not trust these people and I'm expecting a back lash from them. 

Thank you in advance for any comments made that may help me 

Cheers

JP

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Blanking out information will just provoke a question from them about the missing information.

The one off lump sum is treated as capital and will not affect your contribution based ESA.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.