PIP Report query — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Report query

Options
nicolec_xo
nicolec_xo Community member Posts: 8 Listener
So I’m from Northern Ireland so had a different number to ring about getting my pip report sent to me, I rang the number and asked the lady who answered and she said it was no problem at all she would send it straight out to me but did mention that the person who makes the decision on if I get pip back or not could go against what is on the report and completely make up his own decision on it so not to take the report as a an answer.. has anyone else been told this?

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @nicolec_xo

That's right.  Although there are rare instances when the decision maker goes against the assessors report, on the whole they do go with it.  When you receive the report you can add up points given and this will give you an indication of the likely outcome - remember the daily living score is added separately to the mobility score.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

The assessor only does a report and makes a recommendation 

The decision maker looks at all the evidence including application , report and anything else you have sent . They then make the decision 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.