HELP!!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HELP!!!!

Options
jodexterhotmailcouk
jodexterhotmailcouk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,

I am new to the benefits system and need some advice. I have a mental health disability and resigned from my job in sep 2020. I applied to claim contribution based ESA and have been receiving this since Oct 2020. I have applied for PIP and have been in receipt of that since oct 2020. I was already in receipt of UC so i contacted them to let them know i was no longer working and that i had a disability. I have been sending FIT notes to the ESA and UC since oct 2020. I had a capability asessment on the 12th Feb which was organised by UC. I have yet to receive a decision regarding this and its been 10 weeks. My question is was that capability asessment to assess which group i will be put into for ESA and UC. If so and i am put into the support group for ESA will my payments increase and will my oayments to backdated? If i am put into the LCFW group with the UC i will receive an additional payment from them? How long do i have to wait for this decision? Also once i have been claiming ESA for 365 days what will happen then? Do i have to then apply for ESA through UC instead and will i need another asessment and will this then become income based rather than contribution based? I am.finding all this very confusing and just want to ensure i am claiming all the right things from the right people. Can anyone out there answer any of these questions? Much love x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I can answer a few bits but not all 

If you are placed in a support group or lcwra you will get additional payment but I don't think you will get it twice it will be just applied to one benefit (not sure about this ) 

If in support group the 365 day limit doesn't apply 

It can take a while for a decision but I would chase them up 

Payments will be backdated to the 4th assessment period after reporting the medical condition  

Hope some of this helps 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.