Why — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Why

Muppets69
Muppets69 Community member Posts: 71 Connected
I feel so alone you can fight for so long before u gave up thats wat i feel now have done for a while who would miss me no one some times u feel great but no more wat do i do 

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you tried talking to the Samaritans? It sounds as though you’re feeling down but tomorrow is a new day and things can change in time.
    Please don’t be sad, we are all here or you if you need to talk more.
    best wishes @Muppets69

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @Muppets69 i'm sorry to hear you feel that way, if you need someone to talk to call the samaritans 24/7 on 116 123, if you think that you are going to harm yourself please just phone 999.

You ask who would miss you ? well we your friends on here would, have you spoke to your GP about how you feel? to see what help they can offer?

Take care.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• sara477
    sara477 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    Hi Muppet69. I’m speaking from experience. You are not alone. How your feeling now feels so overwhelming and deep. And your feelings are valid and real. You sound like a person who has been really struggling and the fact that you have reached out with how your feeling says you have a lot of fight and strength in you. 
    I was in crisis yesterday and contacted the Samaritans. 
    Today feels better. 
    Have you got a phone number for your local crisis team. 
    Speaking from experience every crisis is intense but they always get better with the right support.   
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Muppets69 sorry your feeling low at moment please use help lines above, there also a free call, talk to someone. 
    It will help you see things clearer 
  • Awesomelorenzo
    Awesomelorenzo Community member Posts: 114 Connected
    I felt like that, well for a few hours at a time. I contacted the NHS.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Muppets69 How are you feeling this morning?

Firstly, thank you for posting and sharing with us how you were feeling.  That can't have been easy and I hope the outpouring of support you received has reassured you that you have virtual friends on our community who care  <3

Feeling isolated and down can be exceptionally tough to deal with and I'd second what our members have already encouraged to do, by reaching out to access some support.  This might be through calling your GP for a chat or speaking with your mental health team if you have one?  Or alternatively, you can always contact:
    While always remember, if you feel that you need immediate help and you may harm yourself to call 999 and ask for an ambulance.

I know taking the first step in speaking to someone can feel daunting, but letting those feelings out and getting a different perspective might just be the thing that helps.  How do you feel about that?

I'm going to send you an email soon so please keep a look out in your inbox and in the mean-time, I hope today is a better one for you.  The sun is shining and we are all rooting for you  <3  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Please get help 
  • Muppets69
    Muppets69 Community member Posts: 71 Connected
    Thank you all i spoke to my doctor earlier hell put me forward to speak to a pychiatrist but take weeks even months its a joke still feel a same i wish i could pull my self together as people say but its not that easy i really appreciate the coments x?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad to hear that you've been referred on to a psychiatrist, but you're right that the waiting lists can mean you might not get an appointment for a little while @Muppets69. Have you been given an indication of how long it might be? Is your GP able to offer any support whilst you wait?

Is there anything you can do in the meantime to try and improve your mood a little? Sometimes an activity such as colouring, drawing, writing, doing puzzles, or something else that you find relaxing, can be a good way to distract yourself from the negative thoughts. It doesn't make them go away, but it can make getting through the day a bit easier. 

Please also remember to get in touch with the organisations you've been signposted towards if you're struggling.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Muppets69 how are you feeling now has there been any improvement in your condition 

You would be missed by your friends here as others have said 

The weekend can feel overwhelming so be sure to reach out if you need support 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.