SPASTICITY IN HANDS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SPASTICITY IN HANDS

Options
geek84
geek84 Scope Member Posts: 100 Courageous
Hi Folks

Can someone kindly advice if there are any support groups where ideas can be shared with individuals  living with spasticity in your hands?

Thank You

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I don't have any suggestions but you have posted in the housing section so others may not see your post 

I will ask admin to move your post to more appropriate section.

@Ross_Scope
    @Cher_Scope

Could you move this post please for more exposure 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @geek84 - I hope you are keeping well.

I've moved this thread to our 'Physical impairments and mobility' category so more people will be able to spot it and offer support :)

I've had a little look at some of your older posts and can see you didn't used to have a diagnosis for your condition.  Have you had the cause of your spasticity confirmed yet?  And also, are you getting any support from your GP?

I'm unable to find any support groups specifically to help people with spasticity in hands, however the Multiple Sclerosis Trust do have this information page to help people with spasticity and spasms that includes advice on treatment, moving and stretching and triggers.  

I hope that helps and please let us know how you are getting on and managing.  Take care and speak soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • geek84
    geek84 Scope Member Posts: 100 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Cher

Thanks for that.

I have had spasticity in my right hand from birth - I just forgot to mention it in my previous posts

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.