does anybody have a mobility scooter and how did you get one — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

does anybody have a mobility scooter and how did you get one

Options
Geegeenumber1
Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
I have problems with my knees and cant walk. I am waiting for a mobility car but I wondered if I could use something to enable me to go to the shops etc. Anybody else got one and how did you get it did you have to pay yourself ? I don't know if I will get one as getting a motobility car . also how are you today

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

I have one but luckily mine was gifted 

They are often advertised on ebay and gumtree and Facebook selling sites 

As for getting one through motability depends how much of your award is taken with the car you are having 

You can also lease them from mobility shops and pay yourself 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
    Options
    And are they easy to use and is it easy to access the shops etc with one 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are easy to use 

Not easy to use I'm small shops as the turning point isn't that good also obviously can only go over small steps bit like a drop kerb 

I suggest you go to a mobility shop to try some out see what suits you don't have to buy there just try some out 

There are also power chairs to consider they are smaller mine is just like powered wheelchair they are lighter,  some fold ti go in boot car and they are better in small shops 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.