My partner's credit check flagged she had a CCJ from 2018, but I paid this back. What can I do? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My partner's credit check flagged she had a CCJ from 2018, but I paid this back. What can I do?

Options
tdotmelty27
tdotmelty27 Community member Posts: 39 Connected
Hi i have autism and struggling to understand I have gone for a property to rent through estate agents i have had trouble with these before and ive made a complaint However today i got a call regarding a property thwy got all my information and my partners and was about to send the application to the landlord but then they did a credit check on me i was fine even though i find that hard to belive but i aint moaning but when it came to my partmer it said she had a ccj which is impossible as the ccj was 2018 she has since had a car on fiance a mortgage phone contracts the lot she did an online credit check which came back clear and also i paid for a ccj through the government website which came back clear is there anyway i can sort this as im stuck otherwise 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I'm mot too sure but I think they stay on uour credit file for 6 years.  The agency probably get a more detailed check than you 

Shelter charity may be able to advise you 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    You paid for a ccj through the govt. website ? are you sure about that? As janer says a ccj stays on your file for 6 years so a 2018 ccj will still be there for another 3 years.
    Doesn't look like there is anything you can do if i'm honest.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• tdotmelty27
    Options
    @woodbine @janer1967 there is no ccj thats the problem there no was or is we called the bank we checked credit score we paid for it to be checked but the estate agent says there is even tho there isnt when we spoke to every other person we spoke to the bank and done an ccj online checker which is through gov website which we paid for 12 pounds there is no ccj or ever was her credit is perfect but the estate agents said there is.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    https://www.gov.uk/county-court-judgments-ccj-for-debt/ccjs-and-your-credit-rating

Did you use the service outlined at the bottom of that page? 

If there is no CCJ then nothing should show up. 

Have you checked all credit reference agencies? There’s three main ones. 

Not all organisations report to all three so not all information is just on one. 

• tdotmelty27
    Options
    @MarkN88 yes i used that and i  checked all the other agencies so i cannot for the life of me believe the estate agents stater no ccj ever
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    So did she ever have a CCJ?

You stated “as the CCJ was 2018” so that to me meant she was issued with one?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.