LWC: activities involved? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LWC: activities involved?

irving11
irving11 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have fought a lengthy battle with social anxiety, depression and panic attacks, and have just recently been granted Limited Working Capability. I’ve researched online that some of the activities involved could include work focused interviews at the job centre, work placements and/or training courses; ever since learning this my anxiety has skyrocketed. It’s got to the point where I’ve even considered cancelling the claim. Could other claimants who are also in the LWC group please tell me what’s been expected of them.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Your commitments are arranged through your work coach so that is who you need to speak to 

Due to covid I doubt there will have been any requirements to attend anything 

Some just have to maintain regular meetings with the work coach  prepareba cv it all depends on individual and their limitations 

Try not to over think it and get yourself worked up 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Irving11 :) Have you spoken to your work coach? 

I'm sorry to hear of your continuing struggles with your mental health. How are things at the moment? Are you receiving any support for your mental health? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.