Hi, my name is SpecGZero81! — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is SpecGZero81!

SpecGZero81
SpecGZero81 Member Posts: 19 Listener
Diagnosed with ASC in July 2018 at 38 years old.

My special interests are:

* Computing and technology (including video games and retro gaming/computing)
* Sci-Fi TV
* Underground electronic music (Trance and Progressive House)
* Cats

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,234 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community and for telling us about yourself 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions our virtual coffee lounge is a good place to start 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,502 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SpecGZero81 - & welcome to the community. I think you will really enjoy the 'Coffee lounge,' as there are discussions about gaming, tv, & music amongst other things, cats included. I'm a cat lover myself, & there are many of us here. :)
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 4,912

Scope community team

Hello @SpecGZero81, welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. 

What sort of video games do you play?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • SpecGZero81
    Ross_Scope said:
    Hello @SpecGZero81, welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. 

Single player experiences as I'm not a fan of competitive online multiplayer.

Genres are diverse and include:

RPG, FPS, TPS, Fighting, Platforming, Action & Adventure, Horror and Sci-Fi.
  • Ross_Scope

Scope community team

Ross_Scope said:

Sounds interesting, what console is that on? 

And what would you say is your favourite game at the minute?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• SpecGZero81
    Ross_Scope said:

Sounds interesting, what console is that on? 

And what would you say is your favourite game at the minute?
    Up until about 5 or 6 years ago I was exclusively a console gamer but then I bought a decent PC (i5-6400/8GB 2000 DDR3 RAM/GTX1070/1TB WD 5400 SATA HDD/1TB Samsung Evo 860 SATA SSD) and a few months ago I built a new machine myself as I wanted to reuse my GPU and SATA SSD.

So now my PC spec is i7-10700k/32GB 3000 DDR4/GTX1070/1TB Samsung Evo 970 Plus M.2 NVMe/1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD/1TB WD 5400 SATA HDD.

I also own a Switch, where I play exclusive titles like Kirby or Super Mario 3D World/3D All Stars or things like Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection.

I have a fair few games on Switch and about 200+ games for PC I've bought from various online stores over the past 10 years or so (I had a dual core laptop prior to getting a gaming PC so had limited options for what I could actually play on it although I did play a fair amount of Star Trek Online at that point in time).
  • Ross_Scope

Scope community team

Thanks for sharing @SpecGZero81, it's interesting to read your experiences :) 

We have a video games thread which you might want to get involved with.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.