Hi, my name is SpecGZero81! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SpecGZero81!

SpecGZero81
SpecGZero81 Community member Posts: 19 Listener
Diagnosed with ASC in July 2018 at 38 years old.

My special interests are:

* Computing and technology (including video games and retro gaming/computing)
* Sci-Fi TV
* Underground electronic music (Trance and Progressive House)
* Cats

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community and for telling us about yourself 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions our virtual coffee lounge is a good place to start 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SpecGZero81 - & welcome to the community. I think you will really enjoy the 'Coffee lounge,' as there are discussions about gaming, tv, & music amongst other things, cats included. I'm a cat lover myself, & there are many of us here. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @SpecGZero81, welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. 

What sort of video games do you play?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • SpecGZero81
    Ross_Scope said:
    Hello @SpecGZero81, welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. 

Single player experiences as I'm not a fan of competitive online multiplayer.

Genres are diverse and include:

RPG, FPS, TPS, Fighting, Platforming, Action & Adventure, Horror and Sci-Fi.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Scope said:

Sounds interesting, what console is that on? 

And what would you say is your favourite game at the minute?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • SpecGZero81
    Ross_Scope said:

Sounds interesting, what console is that on? 

And what would you say is your favourite game at the minute?
    Up until about 5 or 6 years ago I was exclusively a console gamer but then I bought a decent PC (i5-6400/8GB 2000 DDR3 RAM/GTX1070/1TB WD 5400 SATA HDD/1TB Samsung Evo 860 SATA SSD) and a few months ago I built a new machine myself as I wanted to reuse my GPU and SATA SSD.

So now my PC spec is i7-10700k/32GB 3000 DDR4/GTX1070/1TB Samsung Evo 970 Plus M.2 NVMe/1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD/1TB WD 5400 SATA HDD.

I also own a Switch, where I play exclusive titles like Kirby or Super Mario 3D World/3D All Stars or things like Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection.

I have a fair few games on Switch and about 200+ games for PC I've bought from various online stores over the past 10 years or so (I had a dual core laptop prior to getting a gaming PC so had limited options for what I could actually play on it although I did play a fair amount of Star Trek Online at that point in time).
  • Ross_Alumni
    Thanks for sharing @SpecGZero81, it's interesting to read your experiences :) 

We have a video games thread which you might want to get involved with.

Brightness