Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Has anyone ever had an operation to help with spinal stenosis?
I am 33 year old with two kind of spinal stenosis, bulging disc, slip disc, sciatica. I gave up my security job a year ago as my condition stopped me from working. I have got mental health problem as my job was full on, from talking to customer to stopping shoplifter. I have 5 kids and I try my best to look after them. My spinal stenosis came in light when I was working and they didn't provide me with a chair. I used to crouch forward to look at cctv. For over 8 hrs on over 1 and half year. Doctors are pushing me to have a operation. Anyone here had an operation and feel better with it.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.