I have degenerative disc disease and fibromyalgia. Has anyone had surgery on their lumbar spine? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have degenerative disc disease and fibromyalgia. Has anyone had surgery on their lumbar spine?

Options
lisacon
lisacon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone im new here thanks for having me!! I suffer degenerative disc disease and fibromyalgia and suffer very bad with my back its more my lumbar on lots of medication and waiting to see my orthopaedic surgeon again as he was on about surgery on my lumbar spine maybe fusing it together but since all lock down I've had no injections or contact with him and my spine has got worse cant walk most days so now i will need a new mri scan then wait and see if he gonna operate....anybody on here had this operation? If so what is peoples opinion on this operation please???

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lisacon welcome to the forum , i too have DDD, so I know how you feel, I haven't had an operation on mine.
    I've had spinal injections in the past. But they don't really help with mine. Wish you well in your op. It could be because they are catching up with back log, hopefully you hear soon.
  • lisacon
    lisacon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I just wanted to welcome you to the community @lisacon :) I tweaked the title of your post yesterday to make it more visible to other members. I hope that someone with experience of the surgery manages to find your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain currently, and that some of your treatment seems to have stopped due to the lockdowns. Have you been able to call your doctor to ask when your injections might be able to resume?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.