Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Could someone help me decipher this phrase from the DWP regarding my appeal against overpayments?

Peter99Peter99 Member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi, can someone please help decipher this phrase from DWP in regarding to my appeal against overpayments. They wrote: "... the appeal writer will not include, to the Tribunal, the information obtained from fraud investigation .....".
Is that an admission of non-disclosure? What if the information is what would assist the claimants? for example, evidence of DWP's knowledge of material facts before paying benefits.

Tagged:

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,785 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm afraid that's probably a question that would be impossible to answer without all the facts of the matter, the DWP often seems to use a different language to most humans, perhaps a chat with welfare rights might help?
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,996 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2
    DWP have no choice but to make full disclosure unless doing so can be shown to be likely to harm the appellant. However, you have repeatedly posted the same question in different formats - see https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/403293#Comment_403293 -  and there comes a point where instead of being obtuse and talking about this being for someone else etc. that person needs to either go get advice and put the matter to bed once and for all or… accept that it is at an end. 

I have repeatedly asked for more specifics. They have not been forthcoming. That means you either don’t know the answer; don’t appreciate the importance of detail; are asking a question in the absence of having bothered to get to grips with what the issue is or are being evasive. As the matter has allegedly already involved criminal prosecution it seems likely to me that there’s nothing more to say here until you stump up the detail or go get actual face to face advice. It doesn’t matter how many more threads you create or questions you ask no-one can answer them without significantly more detail.
Sign in or join us to comment.