How much housing benefit am I entitled to? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How much housing benefit am I entitled to?

callumkelso Community member Posts: 10 Listener

I have been placed in the lwrca group as of the April the 23rd. I am currently also in receipt of p.i.p the (lower rate) for my mental health.

I am currently single over 25 and living with my grandparents. I'm also in housing band D for my area what type of medical evidence do I need to be warranted being put into a higher band

Kind regards 



  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 10,506 Disability Gamechanger
    HB depends on a number of things will you rent privately or definitely social housing? Are you over 35? If you are only looking at social housing (council or housing assoc.) then there are long waiting list and a single person on their own will always be anything but a priority.
    Is there any problem living where you do? Perhaps your GP or CMH (if you are under them) could offer some help/advice.
    It might also be worth having a chat with CAB.
    Seasons greetings to one and all 🎄🎅🏻🌲
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    You need to refer yourself for a care needs assessment through gov website 

    They will assess your housing needs and di a report which may move you into a higher band 
  • callumkelso
    callumkelso Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Okay thankyou for the advice.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.