Assessment done — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment done

Options
saversam
saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
Hi just an update. Had my telephone assessment this morning. Should of been 9.15, but rang & said they were running late & it would be 10.00. Which it was. Lasted 1 1/2 hours. Not sure if i,m honest about how well it went. Nice assessor, no order to the questions ,  did,nt manage to tell her all the extra information I,d written down,  I did feel a little bit rushed, but I feel I did the best I could. I suppose time & the brown envelope will tell if I have! Just pleased it,s over.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Well done for getting through it 

You can request a copy of the report after 7 working days  , it isn't the decision but will show recommendations for points 
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 574 Pioneering
    Options
    So pleased that it’s now been. At the end of the day that’s all we can do, our best. Relax now and try and put it out of your mind, for a while at least. Well done
  • saversam
    Options
    Hi Jane, thank you. 
  • saversam
    Options
    Leigh14 said:
    So pleased that it’s now been. At the end of the day that’s all we can do, our best. Relax now and try and put it out of your mind, for a while at least. Well done
    Hi Leigh thank you, thought i,d feel better now  it,s done, but feel abit "flat". Think it,s just the stress of it all. Just the wait for the brown envelope now
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    That all sounds pretty positive, @saversam? At least it's over and done with, and you can relax a little bit. Hope you enjoy the rest of your day, whatever you might have planned!

@Leigh14 Not long to go now. I spotted your post on another thread about feeling like you were preparing for an exam! ;) 
    But soon you'll be in the same position as saversam. And you'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief.

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • saversam
    Options
    Hi Caz thank you. Like you said it,s over & done with now. It,s my birthday tomorrow, so might start it a little early tonight with a class of fizz or two!
    Yes and lots of luck with yours Leigh
  • albert2014
    albert2014 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Sam, was this assessment for you if you dont mind me asking? I have to sort PIP for my asd son who is now 16, ive been told a telephone interview will be needed but I am his appointee as he will not speak to strangers. I hope its not a huge long inquisition, so hard to explain somebody else's mental health. 
    Cheers Marty

• saversam
    Options
    Hi Sam, was this assessment for you if you dont mind me asking? I have to sort PIP for my asd son who is now 16, ive been told a telephone interview will be needed but I am his appointee as he will not speak to strangers. I hope its not a huge long inquisition, so hard to explain somebody else's mental health. 
    Cheers Marty

Hi yes it was for me. With everything i,ve read on assessment,s theres no size fits all. I have mental as well as physical disabilities,  my assessment questions was based on my condition,s. I would,nt say it was an inquisition,  but they have to be thorough.  I found it stressful, but I think most people would. Just do as much homwework & preparation as you can & i,m sure you,ll be fine. I would encourage you to read any posts by mikehuges. I found him a huge help. Also try CAB as well. Theres lots of brilliant support on here, & please let me know how you get on.
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Hi @Caz_Scope. Mine is a week today. Butterflies have been fluttering since I received the text!

Happy birthday for tomorrow @saversam. You deserve a glass or two tonight for sure, as well as tomorrow of course ?????
  • saversam
    Options
  • albert2014
    albert2014 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    Options
    Yeah Sam, There are some nice people on here for sure. Happy Birthday for tmoz too !! I will let you know how it goes. Marty
  • saversam
    Options
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for the update @saversam - hopefully all went OK & you can now enjoy your birthday. Wishing you a very Happy Birthday for tomorrow. :)
    Good luck for your assessment too @Leigh14 & please let us know how you get on. :)
    Hi @albert2014 - you may find looking through the following helpful for your son, as it's about completing PIP claims for those with mental health issues. Please see: https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/how-to-fill-in-the-pip-form/
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Many happy returns for your birthday tomorrow @saversam! And why not? You enjoy your glass or two of fizz :D

@Leigh14 Not long to go. Keep us posted on how you're getting on in the run-up to your assessment. We'll have our fingers crossed for you. And please do keep popping back if you need any more advice or moral support. :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Leigh14
    Options
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    Options
    @saversam happy birthday ?? an u can relax now lol I was a right mess on my pip assessment stress an anxiety level was throw the roof messed everything up when I was asked about what neurosurgeon said (I've got one 4 my back an 1 4 my head ) he was asking about my back an I got confused an started rambling about my brain lol anyway I got lucky they let me do another assessment thank god lol so there you go anyone feeling anxious or thinking you have messed your assessment up if u ring them next day an explain how u think u might have messed up due to mental health or anxiety levels I'm sure they will be kind to allow u another chance like they did for me ??
  • saversam
    Options
    Thank you everyone for birthday wishes.  Lovely of you all x
  • saversam
    Options
    gillian72 said:
    @saversam happy birthday ?? an u can relax now lol I was a right mess on my pip assessment stress an anxiety level was throw the roof messed everything up when I was asked about what neurosurgeon said (I've got one 4 my back an 1 4 my head ) he was asking about my back an I got confused an started rambling about my brain lol anyway I got lucky they let me do another assessment thank god lol so there you go anyone feeling anxious or thinking you have messed your assessment up if u ring them next day an explain how u think u might have messed up due to mental health or anxiety levels I'm sure they will be kind to allow u another chance like they did for me ??
    Thank you. Going to just try and relax until the brown envelope gets here. Then might have to go to plan B! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.