PIP MR — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR

Options
Maria7
Maria7 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I have just been awarded enhanced mobility and standard care 11 points.  I am so annoyed at the reasons for standard care as they are untrue and complete opposite to what I told assessor.
can I ask for an MR to look again at the care component only?  I am worried that they will reduce my mobility to standard on review.
any advice please?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

If you put in mr you can ask for daily living to be looked at  but the mr will mean a new decision maker looks at the whole award 
  • Maria7
    Options
    thanks thanks for your reply.  I am going to leave it as the stress of worrying about losing enhanced mobility would be too much after losing it in the past.
  • TeddyB22
    TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Maria7. Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. The same thing happened to me. More or less. I got standard dl & standard mob. I was 1 point away from En dl & appealed. They took mobility off me altogether. I've been appealing for over a year. 
  • Maria7
    Options
    thanks Teddy
    i am definitely leaving it although I know it is so inaccurate what the DM said about my care needs.
    can’t face the stress of it all!
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Maria7 - & welcome to the community. Altho there were 'inaccuracies' in the assessor's report, I would ask yourself, do the points awarded add up to what you would have expected? If so, then all is well, if not, & you feel they are too few, then there's no reason to not ask for an MR. As Jane says, all the evidence you have sent will be looked at again by another decision maker.
    What usually happens is that an MR stays the same, tho there can be an increase.
    If you do go for a MR, put it in writing, & try & give a couple of detailed replies for each of the activities you feel should be where you gained points. For example (at the time of your assessment) when did a difficulty occur, why was it difficult, who witnessed it, what exactly happened & what, if any, were the consequences of attempting/doing the activity? Also could you do the activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, could you repeat the activity as often as would be reasonably expected, or did it take you longer than it would a person without your disability?
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by and say hello @Maria7 :)

First of all, welcome to the community. It's good to have you with us. Though I appreciate that the reason you've joined us might not be the best of circumstances for you. Sorry to hear that the outcome of the decision wasn't what you were expecting or would have liked. 

I know you've said that you might find the process of a mandatory reconsideration quite stressful. But, as you can see from the advice of our some of our community members, that is one option for you to consider. So, I thought it might be helpful to provide a bit more information about the MR process, just in case you do decide to go down that route. 

Hope the posts above have been helpful as well? If you change your mind, just let us know if you would like any more advice. And do keep us updated as to how you're getting on. 

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.