Hi, my name is lou89! Can anyone advise about my PIP renewal assessment please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lou89! Can anyone advise about my PIP renewal assessment please?

lou89
lou89 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am nervous about righting this.
I had my pip renewal assessment and they said i am lying about my condition even though i have been diagnosed for about 7 years with depression and anxiety fibromyalgia  and inflammation arthritis 
I got pregnant in 2019  and sadly my baby died 5 weeks after she was born (sorry im going on abit) fast forward i soon got pregnant again in 2020 and they said because i can change a nappy and work 7hrs a week (which i had to my husband lost job and we needed money as we tried to claim uc but have to wait 19weeks) they said im a lier im in so much pain all the time anyone with advise please.
Ps i dont care about the money 
I just want them to listen to me as i am not lying ?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lou8 sorry to read your having difficulties with getting a claim with pip. I  also sorry to read you lost a baby, have you had support with that through grievance councillors?
    I don't see how they can accuse you of lying as you will have evidence from your drs with pip.
    You can appeal their dission.look on www.gov.co.uk to get information about how to do that. 
    Also welcome to the forum where you get lots of support.
  • lou89
    Hi sandy-123
    Thank you, i have not recieved any counseling at all i sent them evidence but i couldn't get new evidence because i could never get an oppointment i am in pain day in and out i suffer from bad headaches so when i went gp's they took everything off me because the dr thought it was them and i feel like I'm suffering with only mild meds 
    Thank you for your reply
  • Sandy_123
    edited May 2021
    Hi @Lou89 did you put down  how all these illness effect you daily on pip forms, might be worth seeing gp again to review meds for you. 
    Do you feel you need councilling? 
    https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/bereavement-support/seeking-bereavement-counselling/
    Link above if you feel you need  extra support.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sandy_123
     I hope your good. Just wanted to say youv tagged me instead off Lou89, I’m the older one lol 

Hi Lou89 So sorry to read everything that youv been through. I hope your getting support for what youv been through.

Also you should put in an MR to trying get your pip back.
  • Sandy_123
    @Lou67 lol sorry ain't had my coffee fix yet thanks for letting me know  :D
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    @Sandy_123  Oh I know the feeling enjoy your coffee lol 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hello @lou89 :)

Welcome to the community. It's good to have you with us. Thank you for your first post. And please don't be too shy or nervous about getting involved. We're a friendly bunch.

I'm so sorry to hear about your circumstances. It sounds like you've been through an awful lot. Just to start with your PIP decision, have you had any thoughts about what you would like to do next? I know you've said that you're not bothered about the money, and you just want to be listened to. But either way, one option would be for you to challenge the decision you've received, via the mandatory reconsideration route as has already been suggested. Is that something that you could see yourself doing? If so, there's some more info on the Turn2Us website about that, which might be helpful to you?

Also, I wanted to ask you about how you're getting on in terms of the getting help for your various medical conditions? Have you spoken to your GP recently about any of your issues? It sounds like you've got a lot to deal with currently and I just wanted to make sure that you're getting the help you need in that respect. Both in terms of medication and any additional support you might need, for example talking to somebody about the loss of your previous baby. If you haven't spoken to your GP in a while, then I wonder if it might be an idea to make an appointment to speak with them?

The last thing I wanted to say as well lou89 was that we are here to listen. So, even if you don't feel like you've been listened to in terms of your PIP decision, hopefully that's something we can help with. There's lots of information about PIP appeals over here as well, and I've moved your post to this discussion category, just so that others can spot it and reply to your post as well

Hope that's helpful. Keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on with things. :)

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • lou89
    Hi yes i asked if i could have help but only got offered with my husband as a group and he didnt want to do it so then i couldn't.
    I had an appointment with gp and she wanted to explore more with my illness and i feel i have been forgotten 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Hello again @lou89. I'm really glad you got back to us. How are you getting on?

In respect of the counselling, is that something that you would still be interested in yourself? If so, I thought it might be helpful to include a couple of links to some services that you could get in touch with maybe? For example, there's Cruse Bereavement Care and also a national helpline for anybody affected by the death of a child, plus the Lullaby Trust, who offer a helpline and webchat service. They might be good starting-points for you, if you're looking for somebody to speak to? That's something that you don't necessarily have to do together with your husband or in a group either. If you need support, then it's important you get that support if possible. 

And how about giving a ring to your GP as well? To make another appointment with her and maybe follow up on some aspects of the conversation that you've been having with us on the community? Would that be helpful? Or maybe ask to speak to an alternative GP? Would that work better for you?

Given what's going on with your PIP decision at the moment, I think it might be a good idea if you were able to reach out to somebody who could just provide you with that little bit of extra support. What do you think lou89? 

Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.