Moan about parcel delivery man — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moan about parcel delivery man

MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
A little moan really..

I moved house at the end of March and I had household stuff I needed to buy and/or replace. 

Online shopping is easier and at the moment safer I feel. 

I was disappointed with the Hermes delivery man as he made a comment on Friday gone, something on the lines of “oh I’m always here how many parcels have you got coming?”. 

I admit he was at mine delivering every day that week. 

However, without mine and other peoples orders he wouldn’t have a job. 

I felt like saying that to him but I kept quiet. 

I just felt irritated because I shouldn’t be questioned about my spending. 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I am irritated with hermes as I was expecting a parcel yesterday it was comeing between 2 and 3pm I was looking out for him my door didn't  knock I gave up at 5pm this morning I had a message parcel deleiverd to neighbor at 3pm  doesn't say which neighbor  I don't think he came at all because I was sitting out the front around that time so now I need to find out which neighbor before I can phone anyone 
  • MarkM88
    I would knock on the neighbours and try locate it as Hermes are notoriously difficult to deal with. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,713 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    I try avoid hermes, he kept shouting at door, delivery for and door number, so whole street heard  :| mainly because it does take me 10 mins to get to door. Same with amazon they've usually got back in their van before I get to door and parcel on the step. Royal mail tends to leave it on door step but keeps an eye on it, delivering his letters till I get to it, think he knows its takes me longer as he waves after i get it.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,611 Disability Gamechanger
    He was probably just joking?  Unless you live at the top of several flights of stairs lol...  :#

I have another moan about deliveries though.  I have an enclosed entrance stairway for myself and the next door flat.  Many delivery drivers are not wearing a face covering to enter it and I feel they're putting us at extra covid risk.  I don't generally answer the door (can't deal with people and trust my neighbour not to nick my parcels) but a few times I've bought large items or something needing a signature or age verification and had no choice but to answer...  I get that if your front door is directly outside there's plenty of airflow but that's not the case here.  It's been various different couriers as well, not just one company.
  • MarkM88
    To be honest it was hard to tell if he was joking or not but its quite off putting when someone says something like that, well I feel like it is anyway. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    No one seems to know where my parcel is lol after 8 phone calls and two complaints 
  • MarkM88
    edited May 2021
    If it can’t be located I advise contacting the sender as it is them that have the contract with Hermes so it’s only them that could make a claim from them. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    The company have done that now so waiting for hermes  now 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.