Could you be a film star for Scope? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Could you be a film star for Scope?

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
Could you be a film star for Scope? We’re launching an exciting new fundraising challenge this summer. It’s a fully accessible, virtual event which encourages everybody getting active in their own way to support Scope.

We’re creating a promotional video and we’re looking for a range of people to feature in it with self-captured footage. It doesn’t matter if you’re a fitness fanatic or a nervous newbie, it’s open to everyone! If you’re interested in getting involved please contact fundraise@scope.org.uk.
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• LouA
    LouA Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    I’m a nervous Lou but I would love to help ?
  • cat_hug
    cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Options
    Same as Lou. I'm also very nervous, but scope online had given me more support than anyone and I'd like to give a little back and help in any way I possibly can
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks both :) It's much appreciated. It looks like a really exciting opportunity! Have you emailed fundraise@scope.org.uk? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • moshpitmolly
    moshpitmolly Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbie here.  Have joined to get advice and chat.  I like the sound of getting involved, but I am very, very far from being a fitness fanatic.  I tried couch to 5k last year in lockdown but ended up having a fall in week 7 which shattered my confidence and almost my face. I gave up.  This may help to give me a kick up the bum to start again?
  • NasaTori
    NasaTori Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I'm a nervous newbie but would also love to help :)
  • TopB79
    TopB79 Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    Me too ! I’ll try at being filmed if I can help at all ?☺️??
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @moshpitmolly @NasaTori (good name) and @TopB79 :) Thanks for expressing your interest. Have you all sent an email to fundraise@scope.org.uk? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • RacheleLeahSilvera
    RacheleLeahSilvera Scope Member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Options
    I am interested 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @RacheleLeahSilvera That's fab, make sure to email fundraise@scope.org.uk to let them know you're interested in taking part  :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cat_hug
    Options
    Just uploaded my videos to the aine a couple of days @Cher_Scope
    Makes me cringe to hear my voice though lol ?
    Did a bit of juggling, but was persuaded by Dad (who's an avid  cyclist ?‍♂️, to go on a bike ride with him on airedale canal tow path.

Haven't cycled in nearly 35 years and it's true, falling off a bike is still easy  (easier, if anything) but managed to get back on and finish the ride, despite almost ending up the canal and despite landing in a nettle Bush bigger than myself!

Great fun though and managed to get my Dad to participate in the filming bless him.

Had an eye surgery yesterday which involved having general anaesthetic,  so wanted to do this whilst I still had use of both eyes.

Would encourage anyone to take part in this great promotion. Even if it's some very seemingly simple exercise from a chair or seated. What's easy for one person, can be monumentally difficult for others. That's the nature of disability... varying abilities. So don't be put off by not 'being super sporty' ? 

Give it a go and have fun. Good luck and hugs ?

Cat xx
  • cat_hug
    Options
    Me and my Dad, after doing bike ride (1st time in nearly 35 years for me)
    Great fun and wonderful purple and yellow scope tee shirt.
    @RacheleLeahSilvera
    Had a lot of fun being involved and nice to give a little back to this fantastic community. Xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    @cat_hug Aww thanks so much for sharing that lovely photo, it's great to hear you've got involved and were inspired to get on a bike for the first time in so long  <3  Who knows, this might be the start of a new hobby for you? 

I'm sure you sound absolutely fine too!  But I totally understand your cringe levels, I feel the same when I realise how Yorkshire I sound to other people  :D

Bravo, and thank you from everyone at Scope!

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • jimmythefish28
    jimmythefish28 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Not to sure if I'm too late for this but being how I am physically mentally and emotionally not so sure about a lot of things going on in my life at the moment and all the sadness that we, the  whole world is going through at the moment I think that it would be a fantastic idea and opportunity for me to be able to lend a helping hand so too speak.... so if I'm not to late then I'll look forward hearing back from someone but if I am to late then I totally apologise not being able to lend a hand  ???✋????✌??☝?????????✊???????? then take you pick and please remember and tell your friends to pass it on,  Manors and  politeness are completely free in this lifetime and the next and so is helping someone out and surely making yourself feel better about yourself but more importantly that person you have just helped will be feeling 10 times as happy as you ? signing out for now  
    Jimmy the fish 28 
  • cat_hug
    Options
    That's lovely @jimmythefish28 and all very true. Hope you're ok. Hugs xx
  • jimmythefish28
    jimmythefish28 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hey there cat_hugs thanks so much for your kind words we don't get many of them these days....
     And yes I'm just fine and dandy thank you x
  • cat_hug
    Options
    @jimmythefish28 bless you. Hope you are doing OK? Xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @jimmythefish28 Apologies for not spotting your post sooner, unfortunately this opportunity has now closed but look out for more in the future :)  Hope you are keeping well.

As ever, a big thank you to everyone who got involved, we appreciate your time and will have more activities to join in with coming your way soon.

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.