Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Saw my CPN for the 2nd time today (I see her once every fortnight) and showed her my diary which I have been keeping since the beginning of May. I write a brief summary of my day then record Food, booze, snooze and mood, as well as miles walked (I'm on a bit of a mission with that). So the thing she focused on was that I drank for 3 consecutive days (10 units in total which is equivalent to a bottle of wine). No mention of the 10 days that I didn't drink or how well I'm doing with my walking - 64 miles since 1 May. I feel really deflated by her attitude and guilty that I had a few glasses of wine with friends. She's an ex recovery worker and I thought the idea was to focus on the positive - more carrot than stick. It's the 2nd time she's made me feel bad and at fault, and she also talks more than she listens. Think I'm gonna have to say something to her next time we speak, but not sure how to address it
- 48.3K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 614 Work and employment
- 514 Education
- 936 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 688 Autism and neurodiversity
- 817 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.