PIP AWARD TIMESCALE — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP AWARD TIMESCALE

Options
Dcull90
Dcull90 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there,

This is my first post, I've been scouring this website for months looking through everyone's answers so here's my story. 

I know many people are after time scales etc. So here's my dates.

28th Jan - Rang pip to apply

2nd Feb - Received my 'how your disability affects you' form

6th Feb - Sent form back

11th Feb - text to say they have recieved the form

12th April - recieved phone assessment appointment with capita for the 4th May 

4th May - had phone assessment

12th May - text to say they have recieved my written assessment and I will hear within 8 weeks. 

TODAY 17th May - phone call from DWP, asking a couple of questions. He then preceeded to say I have an award letter which will be sent tomorrow, he can't tell me how much or what level I will receive but only that I have been awarded PIP. 

I hope this is OK to post! 

Obviously I haven't recieved my letter yet or any sort of back pay, but just some info for everyone. 

I will update when I receive my letter and/or backpay. 

Upto now it's been 15 weeks 4 days. 

Thanks for reading. 

Danielle ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Thanks for sharing this with us I am sure it will help other people 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    @Dcull90 check your bank account as quite often you receive the back pay before the confirmation letter. 

• Dcull90
    Options
    Thankyou ?

Yes have checked today, will check again tomorrow. I'm sure it wouldn't be for 3 days anyway with it being bacs.

Danielle x 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    he hello I would request a copy of your assessment report and keep for reference or if the award is not what you expected and decide on doing an MR you have it to help you with your MR should you need to submit one.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your time scale with us @Dcull90 :) Of course they can vary, but it's useful to know how long things can take. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • shaz6467
    shaz6467 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi thanks for that information.I started my claim on the 2nd of February and  I had my telephone assessment on the 11th of may so now another waiting game to see if I will be awarded. I struggle with my mental health on a daily basis depression anxiety ect ect and  just wish the decision didn't take so long I was told it could take between 6 to 8 weeks to get one so more waiting which doesn't help me as am i so stressed out with it all  but I no that's the same for everyone. Just hoping I get a decision sooner rather than later. Good luck to everyone who is going through the same thing  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @shaz6467

Welcome to the community, how are you?

How did the assessment on May 11 go? I hope it went well and that you get a positive outcome, do keep us updated :) 

Regarding your mental health, is it something you are able to effectively manage? Have you received support from your GP for it?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • shaz6467
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hello @Ross_Scope thank you for your reply. The telephone assessment was really hard and I struggled but the lady was lovely and really helped me through it. As for my mental health I have a lovely GP who really helps and supports me plus I have a wonderful family and friends who help me and support me 2. Really don't know where I would be without them all. I have just rung pip this morning for a copy of my assessment and  the lovely lady I spoke with is going to send it out for me. Also my claim is now with a case manager and was told I should receive a decision in about 2 weeks if not sooner. So am hoping I won't have much longer to wait now.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That two weeks will fly by @shaz6467 and fingers crossed the decision is a positive one for you :) 

Good to hear you have a good GP and a very supportive family, I'm glad they are able to help you manage things!

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Dcull90
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Just an update from my Last post on the 17th May!

Today I have recieved £1299.10 into the bank!

Unsure what rates etc as 
    I haven't had a letter but I'm aware they usually come after payment! So I will just have to wait and see what award I've been given. 

So in total for me, its been 16 weeks and 1 day since I called to make a claim.

Good luck to everyone else and also to you @shaz6467 I hope life looks up for you ?.

Thanks to everyone who has written a post of advice, I think I've looked at every post on the pip discussion board!

Danielle ? x
  • saversam
    saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Brilliant news. Well done
  • shaz6467
    Options
    Brilliant news so pleased for you @Dcull90 and thank you so much for your kind words means a lot
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news thanks for sharing 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.