Hi, my name is bradleysheffield! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bradleysheffield!

bradleysheffield
bradleysheffield Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello, I was diagnosed with Extensive Cerebral Small Vessel Disease in March 2020 with mild Ataxia and Reynard's Disease.
Just learning about the various conditions and how they are now affecting my life, it is so hard adjusting to things now, compared to what i used to be able to do. typing this has taken nearly 10 minutes. I am hoping to get more support and better medication from my Consultant. I am working and work for the NHS who have been ok about my condition, but i have had to change my job role. I am just here to chat and learn.

Many Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I am glad the NHS have done right by you and changed your role to allow you a better working life 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bradleysh - & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining & telling us about yourself. I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this friendly & supportive group, & we enjoy chatting very much. :)
    Please have a look around the forum. The virtual 'Coffee lounge' is a good place to try first; there's a link to this at the top of the page. Also just join in with any discussions of interest; you can see the latest of these if you click on 'Recent discussions,' also at the top of the page.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bradleysheffield and welcome to our online community.  It's lovely to meet you and feel free to join in with any conversations you wish!

Do you have regular reviews with your consultant and get sufficient support with your Extensive Cerebral Small Vessel Disease?  It sounds like it makes some daily tasks challenging and I'm glad the hospital moved you to a different role that's more manageable.  Have they mentioned implementing reasonable adjustments if you need those too?

I'm looking forward to seeing you around more, so do make sure to visit the categories mentioned by @chiarieds when you have time.  Here's the links:
    I hope you have a great rest of the week.  Take care and speak soon!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bradleysheffield and welcome to the community! I have Ataxia and Raynaud's too, along with other conditions, and I can relate to how you're feeling with adjusting. When i first started showing symptoms of Ataxia, i lost the ability to type and write, but with occupational therapy and physiotherapy, and lots of practise, i have regained the majority of it back. 

Look forward to seeing you around on the community :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A big welcome to the community from me too @bradleysheffield :) How are you getting on? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.