Do I have to tell the DWP about two new diagnoses? Would they stop my PIP and reassess me? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do I have to tell the DWP about two new diagnoses? Would they stop my PIP and reassess me?

desbo2710
desbo2710 Community member Posts: 42 Connected
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was awarded the lower rate of pip last year, I have recently been told I have vitamin b12 deficiency and imflammatory concerns,i wont go into great details other than the deficiency has been linked to nerve problems i have and parathesia,do i have to inform the dwp and if i do will they stop my pip and reassess me,thanks

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP is not awarded on the basis of a diagnosis, it is awarded based on the degree of difficulty you experience as a result of your health conditions. You do not need to tell them just because of a new diagnosis. Even if you health has deteriorated it is only worth telling them if you think the changes would result in an increased point score sufficient to change the level of award.
    If you do tell them it is likely to prompt a reassessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • desbo2710
    desbo2710 Community member Posts: 42 Connected
    so are you saying that because i have now found out about the b12 deficiciency etc and that it is linked to the reasons i was awarded pip and my condition has worsened it does not need to be classed as a change of circumstances.

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    desbo2710 said:
    so are you saying that because i have now found out about the b12 deficiciency etc and that it is linked to the reasons i was awarded pip and my condition has worsened it does not need to be classed as a change of circumstances.
    The diagnosis makes no difference. If your condition has worsened you should only tell them if you want to be reassessed because you think it means you will score more points and get a higher award
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.