Hi, I'm Emma. My 4yo daughter has CP and wants to be like her non-disabled friends. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Emma. My 4yo daughter has CP and wants to be like her non-disabled friends.

Options
Motheroftwo
Motheroftwo Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited May 2021 in Cerebral palsy
hello all
I have two children, my daughter who is 4 and my son who is 3. I had my daughter at 32 weeks because of placenta abruption, from this we found out she has hypoxic brain damage and cerebral palsy which effects both legs and her arms (but mainly her left arm) we are so very lucky that she is so strong and determined but I think that is because of my son. He is amazing with her and they encourage each other all the time. 
At the moment we are having a lot of problems with my little girl with the way she sees herself and other children. She has to
wear splints use a Walker and a standing frame but all she wants is to be like her friends and it is just not possible. I have brought her amazing shoes (she picked out) but unfortunately nothing works. 
Sorry for the very long post 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.