Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Drinking (Possible ASD)
Hi all - our son has been recommended a referall for ASD pathway which has been devastating to come to terms with but on top of this on Monday he has suddenly stopped drinking, he hasn’t had a drink since mid-day on Monday (17/05) I had him at A&E yesterday and they have said he isn’t medically unwell (yet) and not much else was said. As parents we are worried sick, he used to drink a lot up till Monday. We are getting small amounts of fluid into him via milk with weetabix and adding water to veg and yoghurts but its not huge amounts of water. As he has possible ASD we believe its come on as the cup he used was damaged on Monday, even though we managed to source an identical cup at Asda he now simply refuses any drink. Any advice or any other people been through something similar? We are desperate
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 907 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 690 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.