If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm xxxxxjjjjj! How long to wait for a WCA?

Options
xxxxxjjjjj
xxxxxjjjjj Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi everyone. My disabled son went on the UC last August and we had returned his work capability assesment form in November. We've had nothing, no phone assesment or message only repeated requests to supply another fit note. I know our GP filled out a form sent by them in December and I thought we d have a decision soon after that. Anyone know of how long it all takes. As your aware the people on the journal know nothing and cant help.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

It is a long wait but you are not alone others have been saying the same about waiting for assessments 

You could call the assessment providers to give them a nudge 
  • xxxxxjjjjj
    xxxxxjjjjj Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Really? I had a read through the posts. A lot were getting phone appointments after 6 -8 weeks and the decision after that was taking ages. I was hoping we d managed to skip the phone call and next stage would be the decision. Do you know how to get in touch with them? I have tried. Thanks
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't have any special contact methods sorry 

Some do get a paper based assessment but not often 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @xxxxxjjjjj and welcome to our online community.  I hope you and your son are keeping well.

We've had lots of other members reporting substantial delays for work capability assessments (WCA) but I know this is likely of little comfort.  I'd definitely try giving the assessment provider a call to see what stage your son's assessment is at and I have my fingers crossed it won't be too long away.

Just to add, I've moved your post to our Universal Credit category and tweaked the thread title to help others spot it in a similar position.  Good luck and please let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • KLou
    KLou Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    We filled in our forms and sent back 8th September 2020. The WCA was 11th May 2021, decision on 12th May 
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    I filled in my form for WCA in oct last year and had my telephone assessment on 30th Nov and had a decision letter on my UC journal on the 4th dec.. but I think it’s down to which area you live in. You can chase them either by ringing UC or via your journal. PiP on the other hand are really bad atm. I waited over 6 months for my assessment and have been told around 8 weeks for a decision! Which means my PiP will have taken 8 months to sort unless I have to appeal in which case it could be up to 2 years!!!! 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.