I'm on UC, and have been putting in fit notes. I might have to go back to work. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm on UC, and have been putting in fit notes. I might have to go back to work. Any advice?

Options
xjr64
xjr64 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited May 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Im currently on uc I have been putting in fit notes due to my osteoarthritis and raynauds. Ive also got systemic sclerosis it looks like I will have to got back to work as Im not going to get any help. any advice please?
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Have you been sent uc50 forms to complete? 

You should after sending in fit notes and then have a work capability assessment to see if you are found fit for work 

If you are found unfit and get awarded lcwra there is an additional uc element 
  • xjr64
    Options
    No i did try that route before but my osteoarthritis in my hands has got worse and i got diagnosed with SS 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In what way did that prevent you from going down the work capability assessment route @xjr64? I'm sorry that your osteoarthritis has worsened.

Are you currently in receipt of any other benefits, such as PIP? 

Do you feel as though you'd be able to start working again if you had reasonable adjustments (ACAS) in the workplace? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • xjr64
    Options
    UC only , a job were I don't use my hands alot
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @xjr64

Are you still submitting fit notes?  Did you ever receive a UC50 form?  You should have received this if you've been submitting fit notes for more than 29 days with no gaps. If you haven't then I'd advise to leave a note on your journal informing your work coach/case manager.

Are you concerned that your osteoarthritis would impact your ability to fill in the form?  If so, you can access free local help by visiting the Advice Local website.  If you enter your postcode, then select Welfare benefits from the drop down box, a list of organisations close by will appear on the next screen.

Please keep us posted with how you get on and good luck.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • xjr64
    Options
    No they keep asking me to attend work searching appointments
  • xjr64
    Options
    I'm goin back to work might as well less hassle I'm on the wrong site 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.