Do you always get a customer service reply from social media ? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Do you always get a customer service reply from social media ?

fluffycat
fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering

Do you always get a customer service reply from social media ? 2 votes

Yes
50% 1 vote
No
50% 1 vote

Comments

• fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    edited May 2021
    Annoying when take the trouble to ask a question or raise a point on social media and are ignored.

You observe they answer more recent other customer posts and think they have the audacity to side-step you!! 
    Often companies say social media is your first port of call!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Depending on the organisation, those who reply from the social media accounts aren't always able to answer customer service type queries as that might not be their sole responsibility. It is annoying if they've pointed towards their social media as a first port of call for customer service queries though! I'm not sure if you're referring to one specific organisation here, but they will usually have an alternative way of getting in touch with them, such as a phone number or email address.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • innocent21
    innocent21 Posts: 35 Connected
    I always get a reply.

The only time I didn't get a satisfactory response, was when it involved a nationwide household name company with millions of customers that operates in an industry that's a natural monopoly. They lied to me on twitter but where honest in email, because they didn't want to attract negative media attention over a problem that involves mandatory government regulation based around an ethical issue that's still being debated for decades. They said it was the media and charities pressured the government to implement such a law.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.