Hi, my name is emmy21! Question about setting up my own business — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is emmy21! Question about setting up my own business

Options
emmy21
emmy21 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited May 2021 in Work and employment
Hi everyone I am new here and looking for some advise on going back to work, but I'm so unsure as to what I need to do.

I would like to set up my own business, as I am not good socially around people or in a workplace, because of my special needs disability.

I have receive high disability and PIP for my learning difficulty, I feel I need to try and live a more structured life, I feel very trapped at the moment.

Would it affect my PIP and ESA if I became self employed and registered the business with HMRC, even if it doesn't make any money straight away?

I feel I need to try to build up and do something with my life, so I thought build a business from home, as I never seem to last long in a job ?

Thank you in advance for your support.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.