Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
My daughter has a NG feeding tube and is undergoing tests for a stomach complaint
Hi, I have a 18 year old daughter, she has suffered awful with her stomach since 2017, she has had many hospital admissions, gp appointment’s, loads of bloods, ct, mri, ultrasound, cameras, pill cam ect, back in January Leah was admitted into hospital for 15 days where she had her 1st NG tube fitted, Leah as had many more due to her vomiting the tube back up, Leah has been amazing, doing all this alone due to “covid” not allowing us to attend appointments or visiting her whilst in hospital, we have no definite diagnosis, however, Leahs “condition” is affecting other parts of her body now, Leah had minor surgery on both toe nails last week due to something that’s causing major infections. Has anyone else suffered the same as Leah? We have now payed for a private consultation which is next week. Leah has been absolutely amazing throughout her horrible experience, Leah has now decided to set up a go fund me page to help raise funds for “SCOPE” hoping she can help others in the same position as herself.
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 907 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 690 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.