Tribunal Adjournment PIPhelp — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal Adjournment PIPhelp

Options
Cookie2021
Cookie2021 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi. I suffer from panic disorder&  depression I ha e had to go to tribunal and my paper based hearing was last week.  I had to do paper based as my disorder would cause.me to react badly at stressful events.  
I rang today to see if there was a decision and the clerk told me that my case has been adjourned and I will get a letter soon. Anyone had same and.what was the adjournment reason please. I know I need to wait but now panicking over this being rejected. I am thinking it's better than a dismissal right?  I gave so so much info and evidence.  Couldn't be they have adjourned because of dwp? Thanks in advance x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

They don't usually adjourn due to dwp as dwp don't usually attend paper based just put their case in the hands of the bundle you will have been sent 

We can't guess the reason sorry 
  • Cookie2021
    Options
    Hi guys thank you so much. 
    Got adjournment letter and it is asking for 
    Medical evidence.for four.years from doctors notes. And it is saying I should consider a representative ao that I have the best appeal.  So literally a four year doctors report and a rep.   It also says it needs to be delisted ASAP with any panel.  
    What your thoughts guys 
  • mark1983
    mark1983 Community member Posts: 48 Listener
    Options
    my wife had her letter today asking for medical evidence from 01/2015 - present day . an states the panel will be the same people an dwp need to be present at the hearing gp have 28 days to send the medical records so they can send them to dwp to see if they want to continue with the case or drop it an wait for a new bundle come thu  . i hope it goes your way @Cookie2021
  • Cookie2021
    Options
    Thank you. Mark. 
    Mike I think I have send a really comprehensive case. I have all medical notes. Medication   Co sultans reports. Mental health counselling. I was praying that the request for four years previous was to see if I have my illness long term so they can determine how long my pip should be for.   We dream ?
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you. Mark. 
    Mike I think I have send a really comprehensive case. I have all medical notes. Medication   Co sultans reports. Mental health counselling. I was praying that the request for four years previous was to see if I have my illness long term so they can determine how long my pip should be for.   We dream ?
    I think what Mike was saying was that the medical evidence isn't the problem, it's the rest of your case (your account of how your conditions affect you) that needs improvement.

Have you added anecdotal evidence for what happens when you try to do any of the descriptors? 
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • Cookie2021
    Options
    Thank you Laura. My illness is a diagnosed panic disorder. I get panic attacks that render me lifeless for hours after. I have depression and a host of other things I am not claiming for. Diagnosed 2001. Never claimed before now I know why people don’t bother. I went through each descriptor and gave examples and explained why dws was incorrect in what they are saying. I have medical evidence and doctors reports.  On highest dose of medication. I was hoping they just want to check if the illness has been ongoing.  They lit very words in adjournment    1 - adjourn and realist to any panel paper based ASAP.  2 appellant to give consideration in appointing a representative to help present her best appeal. 3. Go notes 2014-2020. 
    I had already sent gp notes for Oct 20 to now. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cookie2021 - just to re-iterate what has been already said by laurapeach,
    'I think what Mike was saying was that the medical evidence isn't the problem, it's the rest of your case (your account of how your conditions affect you) that needs improvement.

Have you added anecdotal evidence for what happens when you try to do any of the descriptors?' 

Your diagnosis will be very unlikely disputed, & you don't claim PIP based on any diagnoses, rather how it impacts on your daily life looking at certain activities/descriptors. Pointing out where the assessor, or DWP decision maker was 'incorrect' with 'medical evidence' including medication, consultant's reports, counselling, isn't needed at this stage. This is why it was suggested you get a representative. You could try looking here: https://advicelocal.uk/
    You need to say to a representative why you have difficulty, when it happened, what exactly happened, who was there to witness it, how did it leave you feeling afterwards, & give such detailed examples as to how you were at the time of your assessment for each applicable descriptor (rather than countering with medical evidence).
  • Cookie2021
    Options
    Thank you so much Mike It makes sense.   Wish I had you as my Rep:) you certainty know your stuff. I will ask my councillor to be my rep  failing that it will have to be my husband.  Can I ask you Mike- how do they interact with a rep if it’s paper based.  I asked for paper based as the amount of panic attacks and the depression caused by the thoughts of trying to remember or even compute on the day. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.