I'm registered blind and just learning how to cope with this disability. Any help or ideas? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm registered blind and just learning how to cope with this disability. Any help or ideas?

Rrabbit
Rrabbit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2021 in Sensory impairments
Hi, l am Roger,
I reside in Lower Willingdon near Eastbourne,
I am registered blind & just learning how to cope with this disability, any help or ideas from anyone in my situation would be welcomed

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I am also visually impaired not quite blind 

Have you been registered blind ? 

I was referred to my local sensory team through adult social services and they have been great giving me lots tips,  gadgets  , and getting me out on my own I am also in a wheelchair which adds to problem 

But would recommend you get referred 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Rrabbit :) It's great to have you with us. 

We do have a quite a few members who are visually impaired, including Janer1967, so I'm sure they'd be willing to give you some advice and support. Is there anything in particular you're struggling with at the moment? 

We look forward to hearing more from you, and seeing you around on the community. I've moved your post into our category for discussions relating to visual and hearing impairments, and you may want to check out our other categories here. You can also see what our members are talking about right now by scrolling through a list of our most recent discussions
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Rrabbit
    Rrabbit Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks for your warm welcome Tori_Scope, 
    Very kind thank you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.