If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will LCWRA be backdated from when assessment period started, or when first fit note declared?

Options
Ct1scope
Ct1scope Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I’m still confused on how much lcwra im entitled to and was hoping someone could help me.

My first fit note started on October the 29th 2019.

I received a letter saying I would be assessed for lcwra on the 7th of December 2020. 

And I was awarded lcwra on the 7th of may 2021.

what I’m struggling to understand is if I will be backdated from when the assessment period started in December 2020 or when my first fit note I declared in October 2019 I understand there’s a 3 month assessment period but just want to know when that starts from.

any help is appreciated thanks!

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    As advised in this thread
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/80448/i-ve-been-awarded-lcwra-can-i-get-extra-benefits-are-they-backdated-do-i-still-provide-fit-notes#latest
    provided you have supplied continuous Fit Notes the three month wait starts from when you first notified them of your health condition.

It appears likely therefore that the LCWRA element should be payable from March 2020, will depend on when your payment date is.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ct1scope
    Options
    Why March 2020 though? Why not from the assessment date or the first fit note date?
  • calcotti
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Ct1scope said:
    Why March 2020 though? Why not from the assessment date or the first fit note date?
    As you yourself said, there is a three month waiting period. So Fit Note reported October 2019, a wait of three full UC assessment periods three months and payment at the end of the next period likely takes you to the March payment depending on what date your payments are made.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ct1scope
    Options
    I kinda of get it now I’m still a little confused maybe an easier way to understand it is to know how many months do you think I will be backdated based of what I’ve told you if that makes sense or from March 2020 as you said would be 15 months upto now? 

Sorry if I’m being difficult just get worried easy and will put me at ease to know I’m getting what I’m entitled to just to make sure the dwp get it right.
  • calcotti
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Yes, about 15 months based on what you have said.
    As I have mentioned several times the exact timing depends on what day of the month you get paid. 
  • Ct1scope
    Options
    Okay I completely understand what you mean now thanks so much!
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.