If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lawcra + joint account

Options
abismith04
abismith04 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello, I have been given Lawcra on top of my standard universal credit. I want to have my partner live with me as he is my support most the time. I know I’ll have to make a joint account if I do. Will I still get my lawcra on top of my joint uc allowance? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Yes I believe you still get lcwra but my understanding is only one person on the claim can get it but I may be wrong 

I'm sure others will clarify for you 
  • skhan95
    skhan95 Community member Posts: 123 Connected
    Options
    I'm going through the same situation but regretting that why did I asked my partner to move in with me 
    Its better if I struggle alone because universal credit hasn't paid me anything they have stopped everything I was getting standard amount and LCW  and child element as well they stopped everything and said because your partner is earning he should give u money and everything but he's can't afford everything for us now I'm living without even 1 pound 
    I thought it will be helpful if he live  with me as my health condition is bad and they will just ask for rent from him but not it's all messed up literally I dnt have money for travel even :( 
  • abismith04
    abismith04 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Options
    My partner doesn’t work and has ptsd. He’s in the process of claiming pip as well. So hopefully they won’t take money away because he’s not in work. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As Jane says, with a joint claim for UC, then only one of you can get paid an additional amount, in your case @abismith04 this will be the LCWRA element. If your partner is awarded PIP, as this isn't means tested, this would not affect your UC.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.