Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, I'm COSMICCORI! How can I register with a new dentist? Are they allowed to refuse to see people?
Hi i have body dismorphia,and aggraphobia.My dentist wont see me because i missed a few oppointments.My wisdom teeth were meant to be taken out because there impacted.An my dentist said 3 years ago its dangerous leaving them in.Unfortunately i tried to see my dentist last year and they wont treat or see me.I was making a good effort to get there and actually get my teeth sorted.On my form when i joined the dentist i wrote aggraphobia anxiety and phobia of dentist.Are they allowed to refuse to see me even though they know about my mental health? I have crohns deseise and now gallstones.Im meant to of had my wisdom teeth out ten years ago so the consultant for my crohns deseise can maybe take me off of azathioprine tablets which ive been taking over 20 years now.Can my G.P refer me to the hospital to remove my 4 wisdom teeth top and bottom wisdom teeth?I have had problem with my ears getting blocked with wax for 2 years now Which i never had before.My dentist when i had one told me my wisdom teeth are that bad it could cause problem with your ears and can be dangerous if left.I really want to see a dentist but haven't one.How do i get treatment and also i have gum deseise my bottom teeth now have receeded gums with gaps between my teeth.This teeth problem has added to this body dismorphia i have had most of my life.Can anyone tell me how i get a dentist please.Im desperate and really want to make a big effort to always attend a dentist oppointments in future.I am frustrated with myself for being the person i am.Any advice is welcome.Im getting evicted too because i Couldn't have workmen in our rented house because they need to rewire the entire house.So got 6 months to find another home.Im on e.S.A benefit am nhs patient for crohns deseise and live with my partner and my 19 yr old daughter destiny.Im 46 yrs old.Is there anyone on this planet out there like me?Have a happy cosmic day.
- 49.3K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 847 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.