Places I've Taken My Body - hear Molly speak about her experiences of living with cerebral palsy — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Places I've Taken My Body - hear Molly speak about her experiences of living with cerebral palsy

Options
Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
Poet Molly McCully Brown will be in conversation with author Leslie Jamison as part of the York Festival of Ideas.

Molly will explore living within and beyond the limits of a body - in her case, one shaped since birth by cerebral palsy, a permanent and often painful movement disorder.

Hear how in spite of - indeed, in response to - physical constraints, Molly has travelled widely from the rural American South of her childhood to the cobblestoned streets of Bologna, Italy. She’ll also discuss the subjects that define her inside and out: a disabled and conspicuous body, a religious conversion, a missing twin, a life in poetry.

Join Molly as she offers us the gift of her exquisite sentences, woven together in consideration, always, of what it means to be human - flawed, potent, feeling.

Molly will be in conversation with the New York Times best-selling author of The 'Recovering' and 'The Empathy Exams', Leslie Jamison.   

The session will be held over Zoom on the 17th June. Book your free ticket here.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.