Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Referal for Autism man aged 55
Hi everyone, and thank you for the lovely introductions, much appreciated!
My father died in December from Cancer. He was my mentor in a way. He told me I could cope with anything. I have been 'different' all my life and never understood why I never married or did 'normal' things that other people my age had got around to.
To cut a long story short, I had trouble with my UC, and so I had to take Reconsideration to enable me to get LCW(Limited Capability for Work)...The Health questioning was very upsetting and I basically had some panic attacks and am currently on Beta blockers. I eventually managed to get LCW, based on my prescriptions and GP help.
I feel I need to get further help, but don't know who to turn to. I am unable to get the confidence in finding work and getting back into the ratrace. The Pandemic has not helped in any way, and made it almost impossible for me to get back into that 'find work' mode.
Any help appreciated, Thank you everyone !
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.7K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 965 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.