Long waiting time for pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Long waiting time for pip

Options
flower89
flower89 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello new here ?
was wondering if anybody could advice me. I applied for pip on the 15th feb 2021 on the 4th March I had a text message to say they had received my “how my disability affects me form”
it’s coming upto 17 weeks now,I have called this week and again they say it’s in with the assessment team and they can’t give me any more information.
is 17 weeks along time to be waiting? Or is my anxiety getting the better of me.it’s the not knowing that’s stressing me out so much.anxiety’s through the roof at the moment.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

People are still waiting for assessments that applied in Dec last year 

Lots of examples on here from members 

So I would put your mind at ease its just a waiting game I'm afraid 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Hello @flower89

I hope the above response has helped to put your mind at ease? 

Can I ask, do you receive any support from your GP to manage your anxiety? Do you have any coping methods for when you feel as though your anxiety levels are rising?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • flower89
    Options
    Hello @flower89

I hope the above response has helped to put your mind at ease? 

Can I ask, do you receive any support from your GP to manage your anxiety? Do you have any coping methods for when you feel as though your anxiety levels are rising?
    Hi thanks for the reply.I’m waiting on therapy to start.I recently had a mental break down and tried to take my own life.I was sectioned and the mental health team think I have border line personality disorder (need more sessions with a psychiatrist for a diagnosis) I also have clinical depression.I’m on meds that are supposed to calm me down.They have stopped the rushing thoughts I was getting but my anxiety seems worse than ever.I have been given diazepam but I’m not comfortable taking them.Everybody keeps saying to just forget about pip until I hear from them again but it’s so hard to just put it to the back of your mind.x
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do hope that the therapy goes well @flower89, do you know when it will start?

I have just sent you an email from community@scope.org.uk, it would be great if you could give it a read and get back to us.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 550 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi,

I applied for PiP at the end of November, and they received my "how your disability affects you" form on 15th Jan (was delayed to Christmas and my nurse needing to fill it in). I've not heard anything since and still waiting, I've phoned a few times and asked for an update to which they just say you might not need an assessment and just to wait.

So I've been waiting nearly 6 months since they have received my form, and 7 Months since I originally put a claim in.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• flower89
    Options
    Hi,

I applied for PiP at the end of November, and they received my "how your disability affects you" form on 15th Jan (was delayed to Christmas and my nurse needing to fill it in). I've not heard anything since and still waiting, I've phoned a few times and asked for an update to which they just say you might not need an assessment and just to wait.

So I've been waiting nearly 6 months since they have received my form, and 7 Months since I originally put a claim in.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Gosh that is a long time,I imagine mine will be the same.I don’t know if I would have even bothered applying if I had known how stressful the whole thing was.I have a feeling they will get intouch and say they need more evidence! I explained to them on the phone that my gp charged for letters so they adviced not to pay for it and they would get intouch with them direct if needs be.somebody told me after that if you don’t send evidence in then you stand no chance of receiving pip!! Hope that’s not true.They also said the same to me about maybe not needing an assessment 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @flower89 you don't need medical evidence but it can help but only if relevant and details your daily functionality 

All I sent for my review was prescription list   and certificate of sight impairment 

My original claim I sent ot care needs assessment report and letter from physio 

I was awarded both claims 
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    Options
    I think it’s different for different areas but if it helps I applied on 4th dec and had the we got your claim form text on 18th dec then waited till the 25th May for my assessment! I’m now in nail biting waiting time for the final decision! I’m in the North East, but I know people on here have applied after me and had their award already! 

But if it helps we’re all going through the mill with these waiting times! I have wrote to my local MP to complain about the ridiculous waiting times. Not sure it will make any difference but if enough people complain then maybe they will take note and get some extra staff??? Of course I did just see Santa fly past my house in June!! ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    bart70 said:
    Of course I did just see Santa fly past my house in June!! ?
    ..no doubt followed by some flying pigs.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.