whats everyone having for breakfast and lunch? - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

whats everyone having for breakfast and lunch?

Options

Comments

• Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
    Options
    Had a jam donut then some cocktail Sausages for lunch still eating for convenience
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    had a heck sausage - delicious - with a slice of bread and butter and ketchup plus my first coffee in about a year!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you enjoy the coffee @Geegeenumber1
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    not really - i like americano from costa or nero and have never been able to find a coffee to compare!

I just drink it black and to be honest its more for energy than taste

I will try again with another coffee but limit myself to one cup in the morning. Ive got some decaff as well but thtas a bit pointless

I used to drink lots of coffee - what about you

Might be useful when i start at gym in the mornings

What about you what have you had ? Do you like coffee?

Now I have to focus got an interview on zoom at 11
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck with the interview @Geegeenumber1, let us know how you get on. 

I like coffee yes, and normally have two in the morning. I used to get the Nescafe flavoured sachets like vanilla and caramel but started getting regular latte sachets instead to cut the price in half. Like you, it's more for the energy than taste

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    Yes coffee very expensive 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,835 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck with interview. Just had a nice multi grain cob with salad and corned beef
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    Thank you think it went well il let you know x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've been naughty had some asda bakery shortbread with choc chunks with my 2nd coffee 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    Grazing all day sounds familiar. I had cod and chips for lunch that will be dinner too. Might have some raspberry ripple ice-cream later if want. What do you have in your salad 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    Haha still sounds good to me! I love spring onion on a salad. I've started buying ready prepared salad for quickness but they don't have all the nice extras like spring onion!

Enjoy! 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree about how great it can be to vary the flavour @Alicewillow. Though still within a limited range of course  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    yes gives a lovely flavour. Do you not enjoy any of the shop bought dressings or prefer to have homemade? Of course that is the better option but I tend to grab something pre prepared but its not easy to find good ones always. I like blue cheese, caesar and balsamic dressing plus e v olive oil x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I definitely prefer pre-packaged @Geegeenumber1. As @Alicewillow says, I also wish I could make my own. Not least because a lot of pre-packaged ingredients are designed for more than one person! And there is a 'waste' unless you use it again the next day or whilst it is still alright to re-use with something else  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    do you mean dressings, i know salad goes off quick but dressings keep ok for me

ot a voucher for deliveroo gotta use today dunno whether to get a pizza with prawns tuna etc to eat tmrw or sainsburys sandwiches!
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hmmm the pizza does sound tempting @Geegeenumber1
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    ha ha yeah the only time ive had a seafood pizza was in rome and i must say it was the best pizza id ever tasted - im thinking maybe sandwiches as nothing will top that !
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    no breakfast wasnt hungry after several days eating everything in sight! Having dinner and lunch in one as it allows me to control my calories better. Got an M and S lasagne, mozarella and tomato side and maybe some salad but a small portion - plus a can or two of stella (naughty purchase but cheaper than pub!)
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,835 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Shredded wheat and toast.

For a salad dressing I use olive oil, lemon juice, pepper and salt. 
  • Geegeenumber1
    Options
    @Sandy_123 me too and add herbs and chilli too sometimes but mostly I use shop bought but now I can prepare own food again.. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.