I'm in the LCWRA group - can I work from home? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm in the LCWRA group - can I work from home?

Options
opalcine
opalcine Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited June 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi, I hope you can help me please. I am on UC and receive the disability part on top also. I get PIP and my husband is my carer also. I am wanting to do work from home starting craft lessons online when I am well enough and maybe sell craft boxes also. Obviously this is when I’m well enough.. some days I cannot function at all. Is this something I will be allowed to do as I do fully rely on my husband so I’m unable to get a job outside of home at present and he also couldn’t work at the minute either because he does look after me a lot and I’d not cope without him. I hope I’ve explained enough , thank you for reading ? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There are no restrictions on working while having LCWRA on UC.
    You will need to report all income and expenditure to UC every month and the difference will be treated as earnings which will reduce your UC payment.
    if the work contradicts the reason you have LCWRA that may prompt a new WCA reassessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @opalcine and a warm welcome to our online community.  How are you doing today?

I hope @calcotti 's response has reassured you that it would be okay to work while on UC and in the LCWRA group.  Just remember to report your income and expenditure as advised, to make sure UC are fully informed along the way.  Out of interest, what kind of crafts do you do?

I've moved your thread to our Universal Credit category and amended the title to help others spot it who might be in a similar position.  Take care and I hope you get to enjoy the sunny weather this weekend :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • minerva7
    minerva7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Does this advice still stand? I'm wanting to tutor from home 4 hours a week but worried they will reassess me etc. This thread is promising though! It's difficult because the tutoring company want me to be self employed and I worry that will mess up my benefits too.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Options
    minerva7 said:
    Does this advice still stand? 
    Nothing has changed in the four days since I posted it.
    You will have to tell UC that you are tutoring and will have to report all income and expenditure for the month on the last day of your assessment period as noted in previous reply.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • minerva7
    minerva7 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, sorry I’m new to the board and didn’t see the date at first and multiple threads open. Thanks for the advice, like I said I’m only thinking about it but still not sure if I want to take the plunge!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.