Assessment done and report requested. Waiting game - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment done and report requested. Waiting game

13»

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    So sorry you have been put through this same stuff it's happening over and over the exact same thing happened after my phone assessment she said I could walk 200 metres unaided but I told her I struggled to do 2 metres with a stick? She said I have no trouble bathing I said I can't use Bath or shower? There is loads of it and I'm sorry that's not what an assessment should be? How can they literally make things up its meant to be based on what we tell them?? How do they decide the opposite of what we say? Based on what? They haven't seen us it's over the phone? I have wrestled with this for months now as I had to do mandatory reconsideration but I genuinely believe and I am saying this based on the people having the same thing happen over and over again that they are deliberately refusing people hoping they are too low and depressed and unwell to appeal! To try to get some money back as they have lost loads due to covid and if one person doesn't appeal they get back a few thousand pounds a year! I'm sorry I am not one for conspiracy theories etc but it is too much? So many people getting told no then loads of them get it overturned at tribunal that should not be happening? People should be awarded correctly in first place and I understand they can't give to everyone but they need to stop blatantly ignoring the facts people tell them in assessments and completely messing their heads up further just so it takes months and months to take it further and perhaps people will give up or not bother :disappointed: so so sad watching people repeatedly having to go through so much stress and it's making people who are already poorly much worse! And they get away with it over and over because if someone gets it back at appeal stage nothing happens about the person who wasn't honest in first place or ignored what was said completely! How is that right? Sorry I should not be making issues worse here but it is so frustrating! Where else can we express ourselves about it all?? I don't expect word for word report but it's meant to at least be based on what's said??? :disappointed: hope you get the right support after MR @kaishalewis and @carebear41 m just sorry u have months longer fighting and waiting to go through! Stay strong xx
  • kaishalewis
    kaishalewis Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Because they think i can crochet for 15 mins suddenly my life is amazing my health is suddenly cured im running marathons yay ?‍♀️ On phone to them now hoping an praying that a desicion hasnt been made and going to stress to them the word i USED to crochet till i cldnt use my hands any more which now affects every one of the other descriptors in your stupid forms that my assesser has said i can do x
  • Sammiecat75
    Sammiecat75 Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    MarkN88 said:
    See they are getting all the information wrong with people..im defo.not getting anything..how can they do.this to people..well.i know someone who is in the highest of the pip..she actualy goes on holidays 2 and 3 times a year..does all the expense stuff...saying its physcological she cant do anything for herself ..its all so wrong..
    You can’t really make assumptions on other people. 
    I can make assumptions as the person is my sister and its disgraceful how she can cheat the system
  • Emilyb81
    I know it isn't all assessments but it does seem to be happening an awful lot just from the people on here? I normally only speak on myself and my experience but it's hard to just keep reading and seeing the same thing over and over? It's not just a slight difference in opinion it's the complete opposite of what they get told?? It's causing a lot of issues that arent being dealt with! I mean myself alone I went through 4 days of self harming and suicidal thoughts after I got decision letter? I am alone and dealing with pages of what I saw as lies and being called a liar at the time was extremely stressful and I did not know how to handle it because I am unwell? And yes maybe I can't blame them for me being mentally sick but these things have a massive effect on people and their lives they need to at least take some responsibility for how much power and affect they can have in people's lives and taking someone's ability to attend hospital appointments and go anywhere away from them isn't going to end well!! :disappointed: 
    Something is not right here the whole process is just not working right now and I'm not just spitting my dummy out cos I had to appeal I just don't understand how it keeps happening don't these things get watched? Or checked if people keep having to do Mr's?? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    MarkN88 said:
    See they are getting all the information wrong with people..im defo.not getting anything..how can they do.this to people..well.i know someone who is in the highest of the pip..she actualy goes on holidays 2 and 3 times a year..does all the expense stuff...saying its physcological she cant do anything for herself ..its all so wrong..
    I can make assumptions as the person is my sister and its disgraceful how she can cheat the system
    She can chose to spend her money how she likes though and if she has pyshchological issues and has evidenced how they impact her day to day life in relation to the descriptors than she is doing nothing wrong. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    I will fight this in court if I have too 
    You don't go to court, there is an appeal process, first asking the DWP to look again at their decision (called a Mandatory Reconsideration) and then, if necessary, an appeal to the tribunal service which is independent of the DWP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • kaishalewis
    Well i just phoned them thankfully ( i must be the only person ever to say this) a desicion hasnt been made she has put a note on to say i called to say that i said that i used to crochet but had to give it up so guess i have done all i can x
  • Sammiecat75
    edited June 2021
    MarkN88 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    She can chose to spend her money how she likes though and if she has pyshchological issues and has evidenced how they impact her day to day life in relation to the descriptors than she is doing nothing wrong. She is cheating the system there is nothing <moderator removed offensive term> wrong with her.
    Thats the gawling part
  • MarkM88
    MarkN88 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    She can chose to spend her money how she likes though and if she has pyshchological issues and has evidenced how they impact her day to day life in relation to the descriptors than she is doing nothing wrong. She is cheating the system there is nothing bloody wrong with her.
    Thats the gawling part
    Well all I can say is, if you think that fair enough, however, I go by what I said earlier, we shouldn't be making assumptions about anyone, regardless if we are related to them. Please can you mind your language too? Thanks. 
  • Sammiecat75
    MarkN88 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    She can chose to spend her money how she likes though and if she has pyshchological issues and has evidenced how they impact her day to day life in relation to the descriptors than she is doing nothing wrong. She is cheating the system there is nothing bloody wrong with her.
    Thats the gawling part
    Well all I can say is, if you think that fair enough, however, I go by what I said earlier, we shouldn't be making assumptions about anyone, regardless if we are related to them. Please can you mind your language too? Thanks. 
    Whats wrong with my languauge i havent said anything untowards im only stating a true fact i dont need for you to be offended..it is a forum to speak out so i have 
  • MarkM88
    edited June 2021
    MarkN88 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    MarkN88 said:
    Thats the gawling part
    Whats wrong with my languauge i havent said anything untowards im only stating a true fact i dont need for you to be offended..it is a forum to speak out so i have 
    The word <moderator removed offensive term> isn’t welcome.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you haven't received the outcome you felt you deserved after the initial PIP assessment.  I fully understand how frustrating it can be, and the upset it can cause from not 'feeling heard'.  If you decide to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR), then focus on the activities and points you believe you should have scored, and evidencing those with examples from your daily life i.e. what happened the last time you tried the activity -  Who was there, where were you and what happened.  This will illustrate better to the decision maker how your impairments impact you.  If you want to access any free independent advice along the way, then visit Advice Local to find a welfare representative close to where you live.  And, of course, we're always here to talk to too!

@carebear41 I've edited out a profanity you used in one of your posts.  Although I appreciate you were emotional when typing, please remember swearing isn't allowed on our community - as per our house rules.  Also, it's important to avoid making assumptions about others abilities and their entitlement to PIP.  Again, I do understand how the process may seem unfair when decisions go against you, however we can never fully know another's situation and sharing presumptions can contribute to harmful narratives about disabled people more generally.

@Emilyb81 @carebear41 and @Sammiecat75 - the team are going to email you to see if we can offer any further support to help with your circumstances so please look out for that :)

For anyone struggling with their mental health and the PIP process, you can contact the following support organisations to speak to someone about how you feel:
    Whilst, always but always, call 999 and ask for an ambulance if your welfare is in danger or you may hurt yourself.

Good luck everyone and please keep us updated with how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Emilyb81
    Sorry guys I should not just blurt stuff out like that! I just struggle to keep all these things inside it's honestly been the worst time of my life this past 3 months? Gonna do a post myself about it try and get it all out finally then hopefully I won't be so resentful etc and il stop hijacking people's posts lol? I do hope you can get this all sorted out because it's exhausting take care and as I said before stay strong ??❤️
  • Sammiecat75
    Well i will apologise again if i have offended.
    But due to circustance its so frustrating.
    Well i got my special text from the DWP they have my written report they will contact me within 8 weeks ..
  • kaishalewis
    Well i will apologise again if i have offended.
    But due to circustance its so frustrating.
    Well i got my special text from the DWP they have my written report they will contact me within 8 weeks ..
    Good luck remember you can ask for report x
  • Cher_Alumni
    @Sammiecat75 I've removed the term you used as it can be offensive to some, and also removed it from your quote too @MarkN88

Thank you for your understanding around our house rules and good luck with the outcome of your PIP claim  :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    I’m sorry you guys have been let down with your assessments. It is very much the luck of the draw with who does the assessment and if they note what you say. It shouldn’t be like this anymore than it shouldn’t be as stressful as it is. This is why they say to get your report as soon as it’s it’s available. So you can prepare for your MR. Take all the help you can get and stand your ground. More people win at appeals than lose which proves just how wrong the assessment can be. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    @carebear41 Sure - please email the team at community@scope.org.uk with any instructions and we'll get that sorted for you asap :) 

• MarkM88
    @Sammiecat75 I've removed the term you used as it can be offensive to some, and also removed it from your quote too @MarkN88

Thank you for your understanding around our house rules and good luck with the outcome of your PIP claim  :)
    Yeah, no problem, Thanks. 
  • marija
    marija Community member Posts: 28 Courageous
    After my consultation with citizen advice bureau i am waiting for my tribunal now, which is set on the 7th of July. This i regarding mental health and change in laws.

Meanwhile also waiting for my decision as i had to report changes in circumstances.

I was told never ever answere with yes, if the question is regarding the issue you are struggeling with.

The assessor only hears the yes, but the but is not noted/heard.

Are you able to dress on your own?

No, my lower is very hard for me as i cant bend, but in can dress my upper body.

But if you say, yes i can my upper body, but not my lower body (they overhear that!)

Do you read books?

No, as i can't concentrate or sit for long, but if i have a good day i am able to read for 15 minutes.

You have to make them see what you can't do, i did it wrong the first time too.

She saw my struggles but hey didnt count. Just take your time answering the questions, dont allow them to rush you, you can also ask them to record it.

Good luck eveyone... the waiting game is awful...

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.