I applied for PIP in March, and haven't heard anything. Is this normal? What are the next steps? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I applied for PIP in March, and haven't heard anything. Is this normal? What are the next steps?

aliceharper
aliceharper Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I was told by my social worker to apply for PIP as I have c-ptsd and emerging eupd, I have been in psychiatric hospitals 3 times by the time I was 15. My mental health difficulties impact my daily life immensely. I applied for PIP in March, and got a text to say they received my form on the 16th of April. However, it’s now the 14th of June and I’ve heard absolutely nothing since. Is this normal? What are the next steps and how long will it take? 

Comments

• Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Hiya :smile:
    Some people are having to wait quite a long time for claims to go through because of covid there's a backlog? I saw someone on here had been waiting since November? So definitely not abnormal?
    As long as they have actually received your application they will contact you when you need assessment :smile:?
    Good luck with everything! Take care and stay safe! ?
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    It took 3 weeks for them to receive something from me in the post first class it got there and took about 17 days to go through their internal mail system.... So I think everything tends to take quite a while at the moment as it's all backed up :disappointed: 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

This is normal at the present time 

The next stage will be an assessment from assessment providers 

They have huge backlogs to get through and some people who applied in Dec are still waiting for appointments 

Hopefully you will hear soon 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2021
    Welcome to the community @aliceharper :) As the others have said, it is unfortunately quite normal to have to wait a while. Waiting times vary, so that's why it's difficult to outline an exact timeframe.

You'll then be contacted about an assessment, which will probably take place over the phone. Did you keep a copy of your application?

Just to let you know, I've renamed your post slightly to make it easier for other members to find your post.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.